- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)
We should assign people to the open items.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- We are perma-red and perma-orange on comm-central and comm-aurora due to not having a recent enough version of Python (or if we do, the build scripts aren’t finding them).
- On trunk Linux and OSX trunk builds are perma-red. Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- pymake is failing with “invalid syntax” again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.23b1 release.(No ETA yet)
- Comm-aurora red is due to bug 937558 (Need new Venkman and Chatzilla branches). Once we have the new branches we can land the fixes for Chatzilla and Venkman from bug 926279
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Trunk, Aurora and Beta TBPLs are far more orange (or even red) than green; at the top of Aurora and Beta TBPLs there is a link to mozilla.org::ServerOps:DCOps bug 870207 which is RESOLVED WONTFIX since June. SeaMonkey::RelEng bug 884454 has been opened as a followup.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer is working on this.
- SeaMonkey 2.23 beta 1 is pending, no ETA yet.
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Representatives from SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, and Mozilla AMO discussed the future hosting of TB/SM extensions on the new firefox marketplace.
- For the time being there are no plans to merge AMO into the firefox marketplace. TB/SM will be in informed if there are any changes.
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- bug 888478 DOM Inspector could not be installed.
- The Windows version of SeaMonkey 2.21 is affected but not Linux. The install.rdf is missing in affected builds. The last SeaMonkey 2.23 nightly build (before uplift to 2.24) does not seem to be affected possibly because of the other build changes during that cycle (bug 914560).
- Lightning doesn’t work on SeaMonkey trunk due to:
- There is now a Lightning version for SM 2.22 (Lightning 2.7b1) available on AMO.
- Might need to point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
- Problem: Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/versions/ will provide users with versions that do not put them on the addons beta update channel; also linking to a specific version would need updating with every release
- Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/#beta-channel does not jump to the correct page position as addons.mozilla.org loads the user comments for the addon after pageload. So it first moves to the correct position (page anchor) and after that it loads the user comments
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2. Mcsmurf and Neil@parkway are currently working on this.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 – SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Private Browsing is now available in SeaMonkey 2.19 and newer. There may be some edge cases have probably been missed. We hope any remaining bugs will be found before we formally announce.
- Testing would be appreciated! Please file bugs as blocking the meta bug 460895.
- FIXED: The about:privatebrowsing page needs UI polish (bug 842439).
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 33 new, 9 fixed, 12 triaged.
- Low to Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Fixed: bug 938421 Add SeaMonkey 2.22.1 to bouncer.
- bug 840427 – Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 – After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn’t know mozcrash.
- bug 864291 – Remove “Personas” from UI and Help
- bug 928632 – When the birth year is empty, SeaMonkey puts 1900 and in English language
- bug 934492 – Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account Bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale
- bug 938673 – Add context menu to status bar padlock icon
- Working On:
- bug 110904 – attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 – Port |Bug 435804 – Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 – [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 – Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 – Add option to disable Location bar history
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 931111 [en-GB] Add Yahoo! and Bing to Fennec search engines
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- bug 943096 Search subfolders checkbox is always disabled in Search Messages dialog
- bug 943309 Update en-GB for Gecko 27
- bug 943318 Remove Google as a content handler for feeds, because Reader and iGoogle are being discontinued
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
Fixed on comm-central:
- bug 932969 Find bar string is “undefined” upon first invocation.
Still needs to land on comm-aurora (there was other bustage last time I looked):
- bug 934013 Modern Theme doesn’t get packaged anymore.
Uplifted to comm-beta:
- bug 920677 Click-to-play plugins fail to show placeholder after resizing.
Waiting for review:
- bug 937616 Click-to-play notifications should track plugins that are no longer present in the page.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
- bug 514173 Make string literal buffers shareable.
- bug 869900 Port | bug 867118 Remove browser.__SS_data and use a WeakMap instead | and dependent bugs to SeaMonkey
- bug 889410 Wrong identity chosen when replying to my own sent e-mails
Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 58986 The Find dialog should show autocomplete with recent searches.
- bug 915574 Use MOZ_FOLD_LIBS in SeaMonkey, too (needs to land on branches) (needs clobber).
- bug 154772 Tooltip for address bar should show complete current URL.
- bug 942548 The height of editor spell check dialog is too short so you can see only the top of the buttons at the bottom.
Waiting for review or needs a new patch:
- bug 916865 Revert the part of bug 906083 which changed the spellchecker.dictionaries.download.url.
- bug 920070 Add a few IDs to the File menuitems to make it easier for extensions to overlay.
- bug 920951 Update SeaMonkey Safebrowsing preferences to sync with Mozilla-Central bug 842828.
- Going through my review queue.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on trunk:
- bug 842439 Improve style and rearrange content of the about:privatebrowsing page.
- Spin-off bugs, patches posted:
Waiting for comm-beta approval:
- bug 931484 Apply transparency rule to signatures only once even if they are nested.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 354940 Make background color in URL bar for https: more obvious.
- bug 939481 No sync preferences defined for some Privacy & Security settings.
- bug 939540 Provide image scaling and respect exif attributes for embedded images (port Thunderbird bug 534083).
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
- bug 934191 (min) The title of the “Quit SeaMonkey” dialog is misleading when closing just the Browser
- verifyme (with 2.25a1 later than 2013-11-12)
ASSIGNED (waiting for review)
- bug 112578 (enh) search mails window : search subfolders should remember last state
- One-liner port from Thunderbird, r? since 2013-10-20 (more than a month); also moa? but I suppose that that can wait until r+
Any other business?
- Meeting schedule:
- The next meeting is in two weeks time (2013-12-10).
- There won’t be a meeting on Christmas Eve 2013-12-24.
- Thus we shall meet again on 2014-01-07.
SeaMonkey Meeting Details