« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S – Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Firefox 3: issues for final ship
note: platform and front end are now merged into one section
13 bugs landed for RC2/3.0.1
- Notable Bugs
- See wiki for our RC2 nominations. Top priority bugs are:
- bug 433340 – bookmark dialog covers candidate window when using IME. Status: recommended for RC2 with patch in place.
- bug 421482 – – Firefox 3 uses fsync excessively. This was discussed at the Tuesday meeting and is a decent perf win if we can get this in. It tends to make the UI unusable when the user hits this state, so it should be considered for an RC2.
- The other bugs nominated (lower pri, but good to have if we are respinning) are listed in the wiki above.
- Additional bugs found during RC1 testing are recorded here.
- General Testing
- QA is 90% completed with overall RC1 testing. No additional blocking issues so far.
- Target signoff sometime end of day today
- Common feedback reported from RC1 testing
- About 180 testcases ran during RC1 Testday Part 2 last friday. A lot more bug investigation discussion then test execution though.
- decided that there was sufficient need to do an RC2
- overall impact (see below for estimated schedule) to final ship date is about 5 days, as external dependencies would have kept us to 2nd/3rd week of June anyway
- most bugs for this RC have landed, waiting on bug 398332 and bug 435362
- estimated schedule:
- Code complete: Wednesday, May 28, noon PDT
- Hand to build: Thursday, May 29, 6am PDT
- QA begins: Thursday, May 29th, noon PDT (as builds become available)
- QA signoff: Thursday, June 5th
- joduinn: netapp woes. See my blog or bug 435134
- decided to wait until after we built RC2 to schedule this work