Need To Know
(Release and system issues that may impact engineering this week.)
|Next Merge: February 23, 2015||Next Release: February 24, 2015|
|Central: 38||Aurora: 37||Beta: 36||Release: 35|
- We shipped Firefox Desktop 35.0.1 last week with a number of bug fixes
- Beta 4
- Desktop ships today
- Mobile ships tomorrow
- Next Beta release
- Desktop Beta 5 gtb Thu, ships Fri
- Mobile Beta 6 gtb Mon, ships Tue/Wed
- Significant stability issues currently on Beta and Aurora/Dev Edition. Bugs are active but may benefit from new eyes.
Build Changes (gps)
(Build changes of which engineers should be aware.)
(Repo, test, and other information for engineers from the release engineering team.)
(System outages/upgrades and tree closures that impact engineering.)
(An opportunity to hear about status with the various quality programs that do not have a formal team structure.)
- Seth Fowler has resolved a series of image-related memory usage regressions that have been present on AWSY since early November.
- Overall numbers are still bad for everything other than desktop release (see beta/devedition bugs above, nightly crash rates are even worse).
(In <2 mins, what did your team accomplish last week, on what is your team working on this week, and on what, if anything, is your team blocked? No questions during the stand-ups. All questions should be asked during the roundtable.)
Electrolysis (e10s) (blassey)
- Please help test e10s in Nightly!
- Known issues: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#What_to_Expect
- WebGL regression sadness on Windows related to ANGLE. Both in 32/33 (hardware/driver specific) and 35 (investigating.) Bugs 1122465 and 1123365.
- Need to put tooling in place to see if it’s shared memory that is soft-leaking, accounting for OOM on Windows.
- Unified crashes due to driver resets, seeing crashreports at #4 which was before a long tail. Should help with tracking down the solutions.
- Compiler (JIT)
- Front End and Other
- Current status of Web Animations API in Firefox: https://birtles.github.io/areweanimatedyet/
- CSS Ruby bug 1039006 will pref on once we have spec clarity (and fix) for bug 1055662
- Win64 warnings-as-errors (bug 1126017) are turning on once bug 1124029 is in the tree
- Performance profiling on Talos runs (bug 1121571)
- Work in progress on high-priority memory regression (bug 1122704)
- Backed out RTL regression (bug 1121748) for B2G 2.2 but fixing it on trunk in bug 1079154
1. What has your team done since last week that might impact others?
- bug 749703 from an external contributor broke WebRTC calls by exposing an existing bug/timing-hole (merged to m-c Saturday); a fix is about to land (bug 1126036)
- Some end-to-end functional tests for Hello that are about to land would catch this; most in-single-browser tests as we have in mochitest suites can’t/don’t hit the timing issue introduced.
2. What will your team do this week that might impact others?
- Landing of webrtc test infrastructure bug 1119593
- Landing of webrtc Multistream support bug 1095218
- Landing of WebRTC.org update bug 1109248
No update this week
(Comments and questions that arise during the course of the meeting or otherwise do not have a section.)
Mailing List Threads
(Threads that are likely to be of interest to engineering from various mailing lists.)
(Links to blog posts, books, videos, etc. that you think will be of interest to others.)
- Chrome 40 launches with NPAPI plugins blocked by default, removes SSL 3.0 completely. Chrome’s Flash plugin is unaffected because it uses PPAPI, not NPAPI.
irc #planning Log From This Meeting
Engineering Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2015-01-27 – 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time
- Calendar links: iCal ics or Atom/XML feed
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Air Mozilla / MTV Alien Nation / TOR Finch / SFO Warfield / PDX Hair of the Dog
- Join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- Dial-in: conference# 98411
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 98411
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 98411
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 98411
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 98411
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 98411
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 98411
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 98411