- jst and lmandel to find owner for Orange Factor bug 858948
- FF 21.0 for Desktop and mobile was shipped this morning
- Mobile push includes push to Google play store and Yandex store
- Desktop Release notes : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/21.0/releasenotes/
- Mobile Release notes : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/21.0/releasenotes/
- 22.0b1 is targeted fot go-to-build today and will be shipped before end of week
- Aurora updates are disabled – will enable on Friday to update to Aurora 23
|24 bugs (?? bugs last week)|| 38 bugs (32 bugs last week)|
|Unresolved Aurora 23 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)|| Unresolved Beta 22 Trackers (non-security)|
- Social API
- Shane Caraveo landed the “Share panel” (bug 818675), which significantly improves the social API’s “share” capabilities
- Form history/autocomplete back-end changes
- Work continues. Star button changes were reverted, several changes to the toolbar and find bar behaviors landing now.
- XUL Panel improvements
- Usability, Responsiveness, and New Features
- Lots of WebRTC patches landed last week
- Reflow on Zoom on double-tap only patch has been r+’d, Scott is working through some breakage in the vkbOverlap test before landing bug 847872.
- ANR Reporter is ready for privacy review: bug 863777 – Teach ANR reporter to use the profiler to get a native stack
- Implementing WebSockets for bug 834033 – Implement Push Notifications for Android
- Stability Wins
- Benjamin Smedberg’s patch from bug 831768, which reduced Flash crashes and hangs by a quarter on beta, is shipping on release today with Firefox 21.
- Jan de Mooij deduced a testcase for #4 topcrash bug 851934 (outlook.com) from full dumps within 24h of being assigned there, and realized he had already fixed this for 22 in bug 867482! Unfortunately too late for 21.
- Is there anything more we can do about : bug 752828 – android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseLockedException: database is locked at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteStatement.native_executeSql(Native Method) on ICS ?
- it’s one of the top bugs for all channels for FFX for Android.
- Past week’s OrangeFactor: 8.66 (Previous Week: 7.63).
- No significant changes from last week.
- bug 861176 – “Intermittent cppunittests TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | TestSTSParser.exe | test failed with return code 4294967295 | Couldn’t get the profile directory.” Affects all branches. Needs an owner from RelEng.
- Suggestions for moving OF downward?
- 17 intermittent failures fixed in the last week – List – Thanks!.
- Get the most out of Mercurial. Upgrade to 2.5 or 2.6 and read gps’s blog posts at http://gregoryszorc.com/blog/2013/05/12/thoughts-on-mercurial-%28and-git%29/ and http://gregoryszorc.com/blog/2013/05/13/the-state-of-mercurial-at-mozilla/.
- Clang 3.3 will be released during the 24 release cycle and we’ll likely upgrade shortly after it comes out (froydnj)
Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-05-14 – 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: conference# 98411
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 98411
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 98411
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 98411
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Warp Core / SFO-Boardroom / Tor Commons
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel