All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Huge thanks to Chris Turra, Craig Cook et al for migrating the Hacks blog to a centralized instance of WordPress (LDAP login FTW!) and for their ongoing responsiveness. For more migration info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/HacksPostMigrationUserDetails. Other Hacks blog questions? Please contact Havi Hoffman.
- Congratulations to Rigin Oommen, Marketplace contributor of the month for November! Rigin is an engineering student, author of 10 apps on Firefox Marketplace, a member of the Community App Curation Board, and also contributes to Webmaker, Location Services, Localization, SUMO, and MDN. https://blog.mozilla.org/apps/2014/12/08/november-contributor-of-the-month-rigin-oommen/
(Update for Portuguese / Brazilian Mozillians) clique aqui se você quiser saber mais sobre como o Firefox está trazendo carga de Gabriel Medina para o Campeonato de Surf para público português on-line esta semana. obrigado (translation via Google Translate)
Monday, 15 December
- 6-8pm PST in SF Commons and via Air Mozilla.
- Food and beverages provided.
- Join Startup Policy Lab, Creative Commons, Hackers/ Founders, and Mozilla for a panel on Copyright Law and the challenges to innovation.
Tuesday, 16 December
- Join us for the last Marketplace community meeting of 2014 at 10am Pacific! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 17 December
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup
- Chicago, Portland, and San Francisco (@MozSF 1st floor)!
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
Create or update your personal site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
Speaker Location: Asa Dotzler in MTV
- It’s been three weeks since I updated y’all on the latest happenings in Firefox OS.
- 203 people made 451 changes to Firefox OS. 9 people made first-time contributions to Firefox OS, including:
- Gary Chen fixed 1096236 Remove “alternateLayoutOverwrite” in Arabic layout definition
- Terrence Cole fixed 1101921 GGC nursery size is too large on B2G
- Ralph Giles fixed 1105858 Bump libvpx to work-around arm toolchain bugs
- Brian Weeteling fixed 960259 [Keyboard] German esset character “ß” is inconsistent and included in non-German keyboards.
- Tooru Fujisawa fixed 1100812 flash.sh – run adb root before flashing gecko
- No-Jun Park fixed 1093874 Create a new test case for loading a mix of valid/invalid image files into Gallery App and 1100390 Create a new test case for the deletion of video from Preview
- Jay Wang fixed 1105452 [gonk-l] Need to use new Audio system APIs for audio offload playback
- Cykesiopka fixed 978426 test_sts_preloadlist_perwindowpb.js | application crashed [@ mozilla::storage::Connection::~Connection] on B2G ICS Emulator Debug only and 1109245 Modify test_keysize_ev.js to run on B2G
- Oleksiy Avramchenko fixed 1108965 Call Set constructor with “new”.
- Other notable fixes include:
- 1055897 – [settings] add settings dialog support
- 1097421 – [email] Upgrade email.js omnibus bug
- 1102208 – It takes long time to turn on FM Radio in Flame
- 1102967 – Need some way to mark an email as unread while viewing it
- 1069157 – [PDF Viewer] Update pdf.js in Gaia
- 1042673 – Automatic brightness needs some hysteresis
- 1100192 – [Keyboard][Handwriting] Add words prediction feature
- 1105850 – (App-Grouping) Add visual cue for app placement.
- Interesting Firefox OS discussions:
Speaker Location: Garvan Keeley, Toronto
- Thank you from Location Services to Portland stumblers
- Map of new covered areas: http://bit.ly/1xlEo44
- If you’d like to participate, you can install the Mozilla Stumbler Android app from Google’s Android Play Store.
Speaker Location: Mountain View
This week we launched the WebRTC Competency Center initiative, and our first partner Telenor held a successful event in Oslo, Norway.
The announcement was done on our blog: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/12/09/mozilla-and-telenor-announce-webrtc-competency-center-to-advance-webrtc-and-help-standardization/
Andreas also posted a supporting piece on his personal blog: http://andreasgal.com/2014/12/09/it-takes-many-to-build-the-web-we-want/
Speaker Location: Andrew Sliwinski, PDX (Remote)
- Bangladesh Field Report
- http://mzl.la/bangladesh [PDF]
- Webmaker for Android & FFOS:
- Firefox: http://mzl.la/ffos
- Android: http://mzl.la/android
- Source: https://github.com/mozillafordevelopment/webmaker-app
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Dave Steer||Director of Advocacy||Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows – final call for applications!||San Francisco||yes||–|| mozilla.org/advocacy|
|William Reynolds||Product Manager, Community Tools||Tis the perfect time to vouch on Mozillians.org||San Francisco||No||–|| FAQ about Vouching|
|Doug Turner||Mr.||WeProtect||Mountain View||No||–|
|Liz Compton||Legal Affairs Manager||Legal Team 2014 Report||Mountain View||no||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1iXZ118jKLAdKh9wXyQzIz_aPGfXVZYgSyYLMmTRxGuQ/edit#slide=id.p|| https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/LGL/Legal+Resources+Home|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question|| Question|
|What’s your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.|| What would you like to know?|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?|| What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Alessio Placitelli (aka Dexter on IRC)||Read-only introduction: Alessio is a Mozilla volunteer who will now be a paid contributor working on Firefox data collection, analysis, and user support engineering: things like Firefox Health report, telemetry, self-support, and other tools. picture||Italy|| Firefox Data Collection, Analysis, and User Support Engineering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600