- Who’s taking minutes? -> IanN
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)
We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- blog account has been created in bug 973886
- Callek has imported old blogs from mozillazine
- some sprucing / branding needs to happen next
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
- mcsmurf will look into this
- bug 1057920 SeaMonkey’s CVS dependency really should be removed. (currently used only for Releng Automation, and SeaMonkey Website).
- IanN will create a separate bug for the releng automation stuff and will find out what is required to get the work done.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Buildmaster is up and running, and produces en-US builds, see 9/16 meeting’s Friends of the Fish Tank. Builds and langpacks in 18 languages including en-US are available unofficially thanks to A.Kalla, see also FOFT above.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has completed the coding. The decision to merge c-c into m-c has been kicked down the road into the next quarter or two.
- [30th September 2014]
- Infrastructure issues
- linux64 systems are plagued by bug 1058385. Regular AWOLing. Currently 8 slaves are down.
- WinNT systems were plagued by bug 1069119 and bug 1069117; but they seem to be ok now.
- NB: Currently the miscellaneous patches to fix the RelEng infra (tooltool et.al) are all applied to the master directly. Once reviewed, the patches will be pushed to their corresponding repositories and the master will be updated properly.
- OSX64 bustage : bug 1023644 Patches waiting for review.
- Infrastructure issues
- See RelEng page for the RelEng status history.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- SeaMonkey 2.29.1 was released on 24th September 2014.
- There shall be a 2.30 beta soon. Schedule TBA.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
- This tool goes a little further beyond simply modifying install.rdf – it also identifies a few more other things in the code that are Firefox or Thunderbird specific and attempts to change them. Of course, not all extensions can be ported so easily to SeaMonkey since there’s only so much an automated tool like that can do.
Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey: http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
- Lemon Juice has been regularly updating his converter code, adding new fixes whenever an extension doesn’t convert properly.
- bug 1060858 Ghostery 5.3.1 dropped support for SeaMonkey. Ghostery depends on the Addon-SDK. Since the SDK has been rewritten to support Firefox Australis, Ghostery no longer works for SeaMonkey. See discussion thread on mozillazine
- [Ratty] I’ve contacted the Ghostery people (bmcdermott) and the addon-SDK people. The Addon-SDK has been updated (bug 1071048 so now Ghostery works on SeaMonkey trunk builds. The Addon-SDK is uplifted to mozilla-central every few weeks. Once this is done I’ll try to get the Ghostery patch uplifted to -aurora and -beta. Lemon Juice has been investigating other SDK based addons and so far the news is encouraging. QrCodeR can work in SeaMonkey by setting a SeaMonkey compatibility flag on three modules context-menu.js, selection.js and panel.js. Investigation continues!
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 957149 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- The checklist for a new release is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN has been working on this, needs to build a new package following feedback.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- SeaMonkey 2.29 Release Notes
- Issues fixed in TB 31.1.x but didn’t check in for release/beta/aurora:
- Known Issues: bug 1062297 All saved passwords [apparently] gone after update.
Mozillazine Firefox thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2864933
- Stalled. Needs a kick.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
- Soon to land changes on OSX, tracked by:
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 57 new, 12 fixed, 18 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort, well above average in new bugs filed during the last three weeks.
- IanN thinks it would be useful to remind people on the newsgroups / forums that they can contribute by triaging. Tonymec will post a reminder to newsgroups / forums
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I’m sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Haven’t done regular code fixing as I’ve been concentrating on the infra code changes.
- bug 1072713 somewhat tracks the miscellaneous releng bugs.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Fixed for c-c:
- bug 1060848 Static-link the CRT into SeaMonkey executable (/suite/app/moz.build). Port bug 1023941 Part 1
- bug 1061011 Do not package .mkdir.done in XPIs
- bug 1061029 Port |bug 815219 – Default to building with all available cores| to SeaMonkey
- bug 1061336 Do not source mozconfig.common multiple times in linux in-tree mozconfigs
- bug 1061341 Port |bug 895248 – Move –enable-stdcxx-compat in build/unix/mozconfig.linux| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed for m-c:
- Fixed for m-i:
- Pending check in:
- bug 1039003 Port |bug 633773 Use Google’s HTTPS search by default|, |bug 958883 Use HTTPS for Yahoo searches| and search plugin parts of |bug 959576 Create a component to get the list of priority domains| to Thunderbird
- bug 1062559 Port |bug 1055627 Pass MOZ_GLUE_PROGRAM_LDFLAGS after STATIC_LIBS to linker| to c-c
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 1060897 Static-link the CRT into Instantbird executable (/im/app/moz.build). Port bug 1023941 Part 1
- bug 1051642 Allow for flat chrome format when packaging extensions
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
Checked in to comm-central:
- bug 986935 Restore from crash page is blank if default client dialog is open.
- bug 870556 Try to improve performance of the IMAP download queue.
Still waiting for review:
Fixed. Needs checkin (waiting for greener tree):
Fixed in Addon-SDK. Waiting for uplift to mozilla-central.
- bug 1071048 update sdk/tabs metadata to work in SeaMonkey (for Ghostery and other SDK based addons).
- bug 1035171 Switching tabs triggers onLocationChange with LOCATION_CHANGE_SAME_DOCUMENT flag.
- bug 1039933 While composing mail, there exists an empty line in attachment context menu when right clicked on the attachment area.
- bug 640420 Add draggable splitter between urlbar and searchbar.
- bug 698310 Spell Check Dialog to small for long words. Make it resizable.
- bug 752331 Define TopLevelImageDocument.css and TopLevelVideoDocument.css for SeaMonkey themes.
- bug 1040910 Support XHTML in feed titles.
- bug 1068846 Enable generational GC for SeaMonkey.
- Coordinate efforts to get SeaMonkey support into the Addon SDK, needed by Ghostery, QrCodeR, and other SDK based addons.
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- bug 1060852 Expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in Privacy preferences and account for removal of Do-Not-Track options.
- bug 1032302 8BITMIME keyword ignored in EHLO greeting, BODY=8BITMIME absent in MAIL request for 8-bit transfers. (MailNews)
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
Did one review.
Waiting for review:
- bug 333910 nsITheme for menu/scrollbox arrows (Widget: Cocoa).
- bug 973644 Port bug 967970 – Set NSDisablePersistence to prevent disk leaks.
- bug 1068997 Implement keyboard shortcut for composition’s “Find and Replace” on MAC.
Any other business?
SeaMonkey Meeting Details