Meeting Notes

19-November-2014

Thunderbird: 2014-11-18

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am
   Thunderbird meeting notes 2014-11-18

Previous meetings: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings#Meeting_Notes

Attendees

(partial list)
rkent
florian
wsmwk
jcranmer
mmelin
aceman
theone
clokep
roland

Action items from last meetings

  • wsmwk: Get the Thunderbird 38 bugzilla flag created
    • not heard from standard8

Critical Issues

  • Several critical bugs keeping us from moving from 24 to 31. Please leave these here until they’re confirmed fixed.
    • Frequent POP3 crasher bug 902158 On current aurora and beta?
      • we won’t have data/insight till next week, assuming the relevant builds are built. crash-stats for nightly builds is not useful – direct user testing of the fixed build is required
    • Self-signed certs are having difficulty bug 1036338 SOLVED! REOPENED according to the bug?
    • Auto-complete bugs?bug 1045753 waiting for esr approval bug 1043310 Waiting for review, still
    • Auto-complete improvements (bug 970456, bug 1091675, bug 118624) – some of those could go into esr31
    • bug 1045958TB 31 jp does not display folder pane with OS X

Why are we throttled? Because 1) waiting for TB 31.3, and 2) still hoping for bug 1045958 3) need auto-complete bug approved. Dec 1/2 is now release date.

Upcoming

Round Table

wsmwk

  • got Penelope (pre-OSE eudora) removed from AMO
  • shepherding [1] bug 1045958]]TB 31 jp does not display folder pane with OS X
  • secured potential release drivers
  • “Get Involved” is broken for Thunderbird. TB isn’t offered at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/signup/, and it’s unclear who in Thunderbird gets notified. In contact with

Larissa Shapiro

jcranmer

  • Looking into eliminating the comm-central build system bug 1099430
  • Trying to see if I can get some whines set up to listen for potential TB compat changes (e.g., checking the addon-compat keyword)
  • We have telemetry on Nightly for the first time since TB 28!
  • Irving is working through reviews of bug 998191 \o/

clokep

  • Google Talk does not work on comm-central due to disabling of RC4 SSL ciphers, see bug 1092701
    • Some of the security guys have contacted Googlers, apparently an internal ticket was opened with the XMPP team
  • Filed a bug (with a patch) to have firefoxtree work with comm-central, this will automatically add a tag (called “comm”) to the tip of comm-central bug 1100692 and is useful if you’re playing with bookmarks instead of mq
  • Still haven’t fully been able to get Additional Chat Protocols to compile…(Windows still failing)
  • WebRTC work is waiting for reviews from Florian

mkmelin

  • lots of reviews, queue almost empty, yay!
  • finally landed bug 970456
  • bug 1074125 fixed, plan to handle some of the m-c encoding removals next
  • bug 1074793 fixed, for tb we need to set a pref for it to take affect (bug 1095893 awaiting review)

aceman

  • revived effort on 4GB+ folders together with rkent
  • landed a rewrite of the attachment reminder engine: bug 938829 (NOT for ESR). Please mark regressions against that bug. First one is bug 1099866.

Support team

  • [roland] working on Thunderbird profile article because a new volunteer contributor from the SUMO buddy program rewrote it! will review changes!

Action Items

  • wsmwk: Thunderbird start page for anniversary, with localizations
  • wsmwk: Get Involved, get the “Thunderbird path” operating

22-September-2014

Thunderbird: 2014-09-11

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 4:19 pm

Thunderbird meeting notes 2014-09-11
Today’s minutes taker, please don’t forget to :
– save etherpad before clearing for this meeting, if etherpad wasn’t previously cleared (but copy “Action items” to the top before clearing)
– after end of meeting, copy entire etherpad contents to a new dated wiki page on http://mzl.la/tbstatus so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
– save etherpad, copy “Action items” to “Action items from last meetings”, and clear the rest of etherpad comments

Attendees

  • rkent, florian queze, irving, rolandtanglao, magnus

Action items from last meetings

  • rkent and wsmwk to unblock / deal with bienvenu bugs

Current status and discussions

  • no progress on “bienvenu” bugs
  • comm-central changes on hold pending mercurial changes and signoff by smedberg
  • discussion about kent’s modification to Thunderbird governance proposal is positive
  • much work on summit and video from mconley and rkent
  • summit agenda planning, rkent to ask in tb-planning

Round Table

jcranmer

  • Likely won’t be at meeting today, one of my meetings changed time slots to start 30m before this one
  • according to gps, hg partial checkouts are targetted to land 3.2, more likely to land in 3.3 (release dates of Nov 1/Feb 1, respectively)
    • bsmedberg has said this is his blocker for letting c-c merge into m-c
    • gps plans to make it a high priority to update to newer hg quickly, and now has a new role to make that more possible
  • Played with putting OpenLDAP server in a Docker container

JosiahOne (Not at meeting)

  • Have done reviews and have been giving feedback in bugs, but personal development time has slowed. My development machine has to have a part replaced on Saturday plus I have papers and college applications to finish this month, so availability will be limited until around the time of the Summit.
  • OS X Codesign V2 status is coming along, I’m mostly just waiting for a finished version of the Fx implementation.

rkent

  • Summit: we really need a group of people to work on the agenda. Volunteers?
  • Discussion of reorg plan?

mconley

  • Now acting as interface between TB community and ProTravel Inc
    • The attendees list has been garnered from the wiki, along with 2 extras from Fallen and Florian for Calendar / Chat. Waiting to hear from a few more.
  • Re-connected with Aaron Mandel about a fundraising video. Quote is approximately $600 (+tax), since he likes Mozilla and wants to give us a deal
    • We need to find a good variety (accents, countries of origin, languages) members of the TB community who are comfortable / articulate in front of the camera (about 5-7 people), and come up with “our story”. I suggested our audience be current TB users who don’t actually know what’s happening with Thunderbird.
    • Quickly talk about where Thunderbird came from, the transition to community development, and where we are now – and why we need help. Instead of just talking heads, these interviews will be interspersed with shots of people checking their email, doing calendaring, chatting, etc.
    • We need the quick and punchy stuff: “Put users in control of their email”, “Your email is yours, even when you’re offline”, “Lots of tweaks and add-ons for power users”
    • We also need to send Aaron TB art / assets for graphical work.
    • Once we have our story, we’ll put together a really basic script, so we know who to put in front of the camera, and what questions to ask.
    • Then, I’ll meet with Aaron face-to-face 2 weeks before we shoot to make sure we have everything we need
    • During the summit (probably the Friday), we’ll pull our 5-7 people aside, ask them the questions we’ve scripted (maybe several times to get the sound bites we want), and then Aaron will cut together the video.

clokep (Not attending)

  • Been in contact with some of the DarkMail developers, have been trying to get them to ask questions in #maildev, but they seem to like to ask through me.
    • They’ve said things like “Random people don’t get answers there”
    • More likely they’re working during times when “we’re” not online.

Support team

Action Items

  • mconley: Come up with a short-list of volunteers to go on camera, send out emails with questions on them to get responses, find the responses that resonate, and from that, assemble our script.

8-January-2014

Thunderbird: 2014-01-07

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird meeting notes 2014-01-07
Minute taker – don’t forget to save a revision of the pad before clearing it for next use.
Please don’t forget to post on wiki.mozilla.org after the end of the meeting so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.

Attendees

  • rkent, florian, jcranmer, Roland, JosiahOne, mkmelin

Action items from last meetings

  • [mconley] Put together an Etherpad for contributor badge categories and graphics

    • Make sure each badge has an explicit, once-sentence goal.

Friends of the tree

Current status and discussions

  • mconley still did not put together this etherpad!

  • Chat updates in brief:
    • Instantbird now uses bugzilla.mozilla.org

    • instantbird front-end code will be merged into comm-central in a folder named im/
    • GPL code (libpurple + glue code) would be in a separate repository
      • This would make it easier to develop the add-on for TB as well

Upcoming

Round Table

clokep/florian

  • Finally completed the 6th chat/ merge of IB -> c-c (bug 920801)

    • Dealt with a couple of minor bugs from this (bugs 956487 and 956767)
  • Planning to do another chat/ merge of IB -> c-c soon
  • Merged the Instantbird bugzilla into Mozilla’s bugzilla (bug 749586): sorry for the bugspam
    • Includes a “Chat core” component for code shared between Thunderbird and Instantbird

      • Need to resolve duplicates and move bugs to their proper components
  • Filed bug to merge the Instantbird UI into c-c (bug 956609)
    • Hoping to finish this merge by the end of the week

    • Will likely close the tree for a few hours once we are ready to land

jcranmer

  • Windows builds almost work on Alder (down to a packaging failure)

    • Pymake’s shell quoting is annoying

    • bug 957720 is the tracking for work needed to get windows builds green
  • Goal is to finish cc-rework by the end of January:
    • Still need to ensure unit test configs work in new setup

    • Unresolved OS X Universal builds failure
    • Unresolved Windows packaging failure
    • Need to land bug 957720, bug 944952
  • More talk about killing RDF, so returning to working on bug 441437
  • Had a wonderful winter weather in Chicago followed by a bitterly cold weekend here in Urbana

JosiahOne (Left meeting early)

  • Did a lot of reviews, still have more to do. (Paenglab’s been knocking out bugs left and right.)

    • If you have flagged me for review, I plan to finish reviews this week.
  • Created several shared CSS files for theme with no regressions so far.
  • Landed a bunch of minor theme improvements
    • Removed the grain texture that has been causing issues. Bug 935023.
  • My plan now is actually to start doing less theme stuff and move to Cocoa and JS-based Front end.

mkmelin

  • bug 953426 expose remote content per-host privileges

  • bug 956586 get rid of FillInHTMLTooltip which is now in a binding (and bug 331772)

Question Time

Other

  • Q12014: We are (finally) moving the Knowledge Base from support.mozillamessaging.com to support.mozilla.org & from getstatisfaction to support.mozilla.org forums [roland]

11-December-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-12-10

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird meeting notes 2013-12-10
Minute taker – don’t forget to save a revision of the pad before clearing it for next use.
Please don’t forget to post on wiki.mozilla.org after the end of the meeting so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.

Attendees

  • mconley, irving, jcranmer, paenglab, rolandtanglao, aceman, mkmelin, sshagarwal, javirueda

Action items from last meetings

  • none

Friends of the tree

  • nobody nominated but i am 100% somebody did something awesome

Current status and discussions

  • mconley: can we create an open contributor badge for TB contributors?

    • Friends of the tree, new contributor, I lost the list of because I’m not a fast typer

    • Need graphics or something or thing
    • Roland knows how to do it, so give him the graphics that we need. Goals, graphics, and people to award the badges to.

Critical Issues

  • Bug 948555 – Core graphics fix broke us in the last merge, but jcranmer is on it – we’ve essentially lost all OS X Mozmill tests. :/

Upcoming

Round Table

mconley

  • Still no takers on my Ensemble call for help – although I’ve responded to email asking how it currently works

  • Took another chunk out of my review queue this past weekend! \o/ I’ll have another opportunity this evening or tomorrow evening.
    • Part of my review queue includes needinfo?’s from tessarakt’s questions from the last meeting

jcranmer

  • Review queue is backed up, apologies

  • Hoping to land bug 842632… when bug 948555 is fixed (:-( @ m-c bustage)
  • Alder is green on 5/8 trees!
    • OS X opt broken due to universal build + nsinstall + ldap headaches

    • Windows requires a lot more investigation to fix
  • Will have spotty internet access and work times from ~Dec 21-Dec 29, and likely to be overloaded until Jan 14 with school stuff

Paenglab (no Mic)

  • Used a bit TB with dark Persona and found two bugs:

    • Bug 948384 – No chat icon when unreadMessages=”true” with dark Personas.

    • Bug 948568 – Use inverted chat toolbar icons with dark Personas.
  • Around christmas will look to update TB’s tabs to Fx Australis implementation.

Question Time

Other

  • Q12014: We are (finally) moving the Knowledge Base from support.mozillamessaging.com to support.mozilla.org & from getstatisfaction to support.mozilla.org forums [roland]

Action Items

  • [mconley] Put together an Etherpad for contributor badge categories and graphics

    • Make sure each badge has an explicit, 1-sentence goal.

30-October-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-10-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Attendees

aceman, clokep, jcranmer, JosiahOne, sshagarwal, mconley, Paenglab, Fallen

Action items from last meetings

  • [Standard8] Are WADA, Aryx, Chiaki Ishikawa, JosiahOne and jcranmer from previous nomination covered already for swag?

    • Standard8 is on it, but needs to dig through some info in his inbox.
  • [mconley]
    • Thunderbird usage data isn’t public. Standard8 was tasked with getting that information released. What’s the status on that?

      • Metrics is still needinfo’d on getting non-staff community added to usage metrics report emails

Critical Issues

  • [rkent] Binary add-on issue with TB 24?

    • jcranmer and irving suggest speaking with Fallen – they suspect this is fixed.

    • The builds that came out for 24.1 timeframe release did not fix the bug that rkent is talking about – but extra numbers have been added to AMO to mark compatibility (you’ll need to do rebuilds to side-step the compat issue).

Round Table

  • jcranmer

    • Working on converting JSMime into a separate repository (thanks to James Burke for being patient with me and my packaging issues!)

      • The separate repository will be JSMime 0.2, as I have decided to rework the API to be more idiot-proof

      • Tests are now up-to-date for comm-central, need to port tests for RFC 2047 and address header encoding/decoding
      • Not announcing this more widely public yet, since the conversion process is very messy and I want to embed reviews from the start.
    • Alder is now reserved for the final stages of ccrework, and I should be in contact with releng on getting this done.
    • Some minor build-engineering work with moz.build conversions or ontology
    • Still awaiting review from Neil.
  • JosiahOne (No outgoing audio)
    • Been busy with exams last week, so I didn’t accomplish as much as I wished.

    • I have started re-organizing the directory/file/image structure inside themes/.
    • I plan to create a shared themes directory similar to Firefox unless the build peers/owners are against it.
    • Waiting on review from Mike Conley for the animated thunderbird tabs.
  • clokep
    • Still working on the IB->c-c chat/ update, waiting on reviews from Florian now.

    • Was at the GSoC Mentors Summit ([1])
      • A lot of people told me they were happy we were still working on Thumderbird!

      • A lot of people thought Thunderbird had been killed -> more on this in my blog post
  • mconley
    • Patch to allow us to use nsIPermissionManager to store mail content preferences is up for review. \o/

    • I wrote some mail to tb-planning about the AMO to Marketplace move, and what that means for Thunderbird (and SeaMonkey).
    • Did more reviews, but they’re starting to stack up again
  • Paenglab
    • Waiting for feedback from mconley for bug 925746

Question Time

  • [clokep] Do we still need to use tb-planning? I’m STILL moderated on it after an insane amount of time using it.

    • Can we switch back to using m.d.a.thunderbird? If we have issues with “idiots”, we can always moderate it. (I want my nntp back.)

    • Alternately, can we freely give out posting privileges to people.

Action Items

  • [mconley] Ask jorgev if Marketplace merge would accept patches to make Thunderbird work there…

  • [mconley] Can we pull jb into this AMO discussion? Can we get an advocate higher up the Mozilla-chain? jb+gerv?
  • [mconley] Talk to bwinton and see if we can get “the regulars” whitelisted on tb-planning.

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

2-October-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-10-02

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

1-October-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-10-01

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Attendees

aceman, clokep, jcranmer, mconley, mkmelin, rolandtanglao, rkent, JosiahOne, sshagarwal

Action items from last meetings

  • [Standard8] mconley nominates Chiaki Ishikawa for friend of the tree. Swag?

  • [Standard8] Are WADA and Aryx from previous nomination covered already?
    • I sent mail for both of these, but I think Standard8 is traveling.

Friends of the tree

  • rkent nominates jcranmer for nearly getting the tree green

Current status and discussions

Critical Issues

  • Roland: no support issues as far as i can tell (other than gmail condstore and other known issues)

  • mconley: add-on reviews seem to be quite behind.

Upcoming

Round Table

  • mconley

  • clokep
    • Quentin Headen has finished up his GSoC — Yahoo chat protocol

    • Currently merging Instantbird changes into c-c in bug 920801
      • Invalid cert handling

      • Yahoo prpl
      • Better character counting in Twitter, IRC
  • jcranmer
    • Awaiting review from Neil on several JSMime patches

    • Planning for EAI and IDN
  • JosiahOne
    • Continuing to knock out theme bugs

    • Animated TB tabs are almost done, just waiting on review.
  • rkent
    • Exquilla is fully out and working reasonably well! (Using TB as an email-client for Exchange Web Services).

      • The hacks are incredible. [mconley says] You have no idea what kind of hacks rkent has to do. They’re unreal. rkent wants to reduce the number of hacks that he has to use in order to reduce fragility.

      • [mconley says] rkent would like to be able to use a separate database for message storage, because Mork is insanity.
      • [mconley says] rkent thinks TB needs sources of monetization. irving loves to work for free, but some of us like to be paid, so that’s what I am working on, to monetize Exquilla.
  • aceman
    • Working to fix breakages that are candidates for TB 24.0.1, e.g. bug 922614, bug 882901, bug 921410.

Question Time

  • [jcranmer]: With Thunderbird 31 it makes sense to have some kind of new feature that we can put into the What’s New page that is easily visible to users. What feature is this?

    • [jcranmer]: Internationalized email addresses? [aceman says] What is not working with them? There were some patches in the past to allow sending to IDN I think (ask mkmelin). (but only email addresses, not server hostnames).

    • [jcranmer]: new addressbook?
    • [jcranmer]: Recording a video message, and sending it through external file storage service as a link (like Filelink)
    • [jcranmer]: OTR chat
  • [jcranmer says] Wanted to talk with asuth and squib about making Gaia email client and Thunderbird share more code. Will send email this afternoon.
  • [rkent]: When is the information going to be publicly available for TB usage

Action Items

  • mconley

    • Thunderbird usage data isn’t public. Standard8 was tasked with getting that information released. What’s the status on that?

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

17-September-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-09-17

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Attendees

Usul, jcranmer, Irving, clokep (hearing), mconley, tessarakt, aceman (hearing), sshagarwal

Friends of the tree

  • mconley nominates Chiaki Ishikawa++

Current status and discussions

  • Thunderbird 24 is out! (throttled) – FIREWORKS!!!

  • Thunderbird 17.0.9ESR is out! (unthrottled)
  • \o/

Action items from last meetings

Upcoming

Round Table

  • mconley

    • GSoC is wrapping up

      • Jon Demelo’s connector is pretty much done, and we’ve tested it against Radicale, and it seems to work as advertised. Ensemble now has theoretical connection support for CardDAV. \o/

      • Fallen’s got patches up for Thunderbird dev tools. He’s got Scratchpad working, as well as the Inspector, Web Console…and others. It’s really _really_ awesome. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=876636
    • Chewed through some reviews yesterday. Still have to do more.
  • tessarakt
  • jcranmer
    • Getting reviews on the new header parser! Should land this week

    • Fixed the perma-bustage on our builds! Just down to the click-to-play plugin bustage
    • Probably busy for the next few days due to school
  • clokep
    • JS-Yahoo is ALMOST preff’ed on by default in Instantbird, working with qheaden to get this done in the next week

    • Will attempt to get this merged into Daily ASAP.
  • wsmwk
    • crashes – still no obvious big bad boys in beta, nor so far ~2 hr into release – will probably be a different story in a couple days. But it’s fascinating to see some early crashes that repeatedly hit the same user multiple times, that don’t have reported bugs – see http://tinyurl.com/omgxfnk
  • Usul
    • had semi organized test – which was a big fail. (maybe too many holidays?)

    • busy and burned out by day job – slowly following on stuff
  • JosiahOne (not at meeting)
    • Very busy now with classes now, however I still managed to land a few more theme patches in the past week.

    • New composer UI for Linux and Windows has been slow to work with for a bunch of reasons, however things seem to be functioning properly now. So hopefully it’ll be done within a couple weeks.

Question Time

  • Is there anything TB related planned for Summit?

    • That’s a really good question. I think the agenda is still very fluid.

    • I (clokep) would at least like to know who’ll be in each place and meet them!
      • clokep, mconley, jcranmer, JosiahOne, irving, wsmwk, will be in Toronto

      • A lot of Instantbird people will be in Brussels (aleth, Florian, Even)

Action Items

  • [Standard8] mconley nominates Chiaki Ishikawa for friend of the tree. Swag?

  • [Standard8] Are WADA and Aryx from previous nomination covered already?

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

23-July-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-07-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Attendees

mconley, Standard8, jcranmer, rolandtanglao, wsmwk, aceman, clokep

Action items from last meetings

  • (ongoing) Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public

    • Pinged again on 2013-06-11, should be going through final approvals

    • Not hearing from them…might need to poke them again
  • (2013-04-02) Standard8: Investigating possibilities for dropping second ESR release channel whilst maintaining mainstream the same as the ESR releases.
    • Will send something to tb-planning
  • (2013-04-02) Standard8: arrange for swag to be sent to WADA and Aryx who are our awesome FotT.
    • Waiting to hear from Anne-Marie on how to do that.
  • Community as a whole: Decide “who is supposed to plan our dances?”
    • rkent: Send a proposal to tb-planning
  • http.jsm update
    • This has landed in m-c!

    • Broke FileLink, which mconley fixed. bug 893316
    • Broke Twitter, I have a patch that Mossop r+’d, but waiting for an r+ on tests. bug 894367

Critical Issues

  • The tree is orange. CrazyVery orange.

    • Starting to get a handle on some of the more pesistent issues, though still plenty to fix

    • Standard8 thinks he has a patch for the plugin failures on Windows on Aurora, there’s another persistent failure wrt plugins that has been introduced though (in c-c land)
    • Other new bustages, we’ll likely need help for getting the strict failures fixed in the fakeservers.
    • Strict warnings – bug 896738
    • make check bug – bug 897045
  • There are a whole lot of bugs on the tracking list for 24

Round Table

  • jcranmer

    • 50-50 chance of being on the call?

    • Boil the ocean work in progress/planned:
      • bug 884061 (NS_IMPL_THREADSAFE -> NS_DECL_THREADSAFE) (landed on m-i, please fix your patches if affected)

      • Planning to do other PR_ATOMIC->mozilla::Atomic changes
      • bug 895047, bug 523156 (char16_t)
    • cc-rework
      • Fixing up client.py for post-cc-rework world

      • Working on getting c-c building under m-c without symlinks all over the place
    • Others
  • mconley

    • Ate through a metric tonne of review requests. Down to 8!

    • Ensemble
      • Jon Demelo has landed his first patch which adds preliminary infrastructure for the CardDAV connector

      • Jon and I have overhauled the API proposal, simplified it somewhat, and given connectors the responsibility of caching the entries they need in order to signal contact differences.
    • Devtools for Thunderbird
      • Fallen is working on getting Scratchpad working for TB
  • Standard8

    • Tree bustages

    • Branch landings/updating
  • JosiahOne

    • Not on call

    • N/A most of this week, however a working ‘animate TB tabs’ protype/patch has been finished. Will try to complete it next week.
  • aceman

    • Nothing. Fixing some tests. Then I need to get back into pace and refresh patches.

Question Time

  • wsmwk: Been looking at memory bugs, and interested in moving forward on bug 805023

    • jcranmer: Someone needs to do something with dmd (dark-matter-detector) to determine what’s going on there.

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

11-June-2013

Thunderbird: 2013-06-11

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Action items from last meetings

  • Ping Standard8 about his action items

    • (ongoing) Standard8: Document flags to tb-planning

    • (ongoing) Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public
      • Pinged again on 2013-06-11, should be going through final approvals
    • (2013-04-02) Standard8: Investigating possibilities for dropping second ESR release channel whilst maintaining mainstream the same as the ESR releases.
    • (2013-04-02) Standard8: arrange for swag to be sent to WADA and Aryx who are our awesome FotT.
    • Community as a whole: Decide “who is supposed to plan our dances?”
    • rkent: Send a proposal to tb-planning
      • Standard8’s feeling is that we don’t need a council…but if people want to step up and organize stuff, use tb-planning to get that ball rolling. Standard8’s personal opinion is that if we have a council, that we’re just putting names on people, and we should just act as a community.

      • Irving thinks that rkent’s concerns are that there are aspects of what we’re doing *outside of code* (get-togethers, $$, policies / directions) that he feels uncomfortable not knowing who is in charge of that. Do we as a group have $? And if so, how do we go about deciding what to spend it on?
      • Standard8 will think about this a bit more.

Critical Issues

  • The tree is orange. Crazy orange.

    • adw said he’s going to look into fixing the spell-checking bug (test fail is bug 881222)…if he gets the chance. (bug 880595 related?)

      • Great, then aceman looks at the other tests.
    • XPCShell on windows, Standard8 thinks we caused them, and aceman is looking at them
    • aceman is looking at one wrt customizing toolbars (most of them fixed, 1 remaining on OS X).
    • There’s a weird one for account settings (test-retest-config.js), and Standard8 is having trouble reproducing it.
      • aceman is looking at that one too, attached patch attempt to bug 881361. (Already identified some oddity of calling wait_for_modal_dialog() vs. wait_for_new_window() on that same window…)

      • Normal and packaged debug builds aren’t failing for Standard8 for bug 881361
    • Standard8 has a script to use with hg bisect when finding a regression from mozilla-centra

Upcoming

  • If there’s anything you want into the next big release of TB, 24 is the train you want to ride. You have until the merge on the 24th. Go go go!

  • Lightning in TB 24 has ical.js landed, but it won’t be enabled until at least TB 25, due to the risk

Round Table

  • mconley

    • Cleared out some reviews, but things are getting slow as Australis prepares to land on m-c

    • My GSoC students are kicking butt:
      • Philipp has a patch up that gives Thunderbird the devtools debugger! \o/ Will review as soon as I can. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=881235

      • Jon Demelo has been studying up on CardDAV. He’s got Ensemble built, and all of the tests passing, and he’s gotten familiar with Task and Promises. We’ve got a local version of Radicale being installed to test against, and he’ll have his first test case written soon.
  • Standard8
    • Filed a few issues on the tree

    • Caught up on a few reviews, more soon
    • Various feedback, investigation into bugs
    • Been talking to Anne-Marie about marketing
  • jcranmer
    • DXR updating discussions

    • Sunbird code is now dead
    • Finished bug 870565 (much simpler build system, don’t ask me to summarize what it actually does because it’s complicated)
    • Porting to moz.build – CPPSRCS, CMMSRCS, EXTRA_COMPONENTS in patches, DEFINES on todo list, CSRCS complete
    • Adding INSTALL_TARGETS to c-c, cleaning up rules in makefiles
    • Awaiting review for bug 869865 (eliminate master xpcshell manifest)
    • Neil is a slow reviewer :-(
    • Most of my reviews are done
  • aceman
    • Cleaning up some test failures and more to come. Just need reviews and help from platforms other than Linux.
  • roland
    • i made wsmwk, matt and cameleon admins with all privileges so theoretically they should be able to deactivate sp*mmers’ accounts and delete sp*m on SuMoMo

    • I see this “Unable to open the temporary file C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your ‘Temporary Directory’ setting.’ ” issue when I run McAfee on Windows 8 with Thunderbird 17. If I turn email attachment scanning off in McAfee then the problem no longer occurs. Therefore it appears to be something that could be a McAfee issue. Therefore I have emailed McAfee about this. WORKAROUND: disable scanning of email attachments.
  • JosiahOne
    • Pretty much only have time to work on redoing the Composer UI across platforms. (Targeting TB 25, don’t want a drastic change in 24)

    • Small UI changes. Widget fixes.
  • wsmwk

Action Items

  • Action for mconley to talk to Fallen about debugger used for Mozmill and XPCShell tests

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress