Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- taking notes on Etherpad at https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/status-meeting-minute-taking
- We have a calendar at https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Thunderbird%20Schedules to have meetings coming up.
- Folks, do some reviews if you can. Also, try to help de-orange our tree.
Action Items From last Week
- Standard8: Document flags to tb-planning
- Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public
- This should be happening soon, work has been done, waiting for final approvals
- Look into having the notes blogged
- We need to get the meeting notes blog to pick up the pages again.
- Move http.jsm into toolkit? Maybe? clokep will talk to Mossop about that.
- Mossop has been sick – clokep will be more aggressive this week.
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
Google Summer of Code
- Please go here and make sure your project ideas are listed
- We’re going to be submitting our ideas to Gerv and Florian this Friday, so make sure your ideas are polished and they have a mentor.
- In contact with a small firm in Slovakia that might be interested in hiring a contractor to help me on this
- Successfully decoupled nsMsgSearchTerm from nsIAbManager using my new service
- This should be ready for review soon (see bug 841603, and then I’ll work on decoupling other bits
- A bit worried about the performance impact of frequently calling out to JS components from C++…
- Haven’t had too much time for reviews lately. :( This might get worse, as Firefox Australis work is really starting to heat up.
- Profiler has been updated to give us symbols! Get an updated version of the Profiler here: https://github.com/bgirard/Gecko-Profiler-Addon/blob/master/geckoprofiler.xpi?raw=true
- Guess who won’t be on the call? Not me for once!
- Should have more time over next few weeks to do stuff including reviews
- Higher priority due to fallout from moz.build changes
- Elimination of comm-central/configure.in works on Linux, doesn’t on OS X due to LDAP, untested on Windows (see bug 846540)
- Landed bug 834757 (fix up nsIMimeConverter for JS implementation)
- Working implementation of nsIMsgHeaderParser locally, not published anywhere
- Hoping to get both parts into Thunderbird 24 (will fix almost all RFC 2047 problems!)
- reviewing existing patchlove bugs and finding more old bugs with patches to add to patchlove
- having good results in closing obsolete bugs and getting old patches landed
- bug 816327 – gmail folders redownloading – data collecting seems to be bearing fruit
- Sent Mossop an email, didn’t receive a response and pinged him on IRC last week:
- Mossop was sick and should respond “soon”.
- Will follow up more aggressively again this week
- http.jsm will need another change (found while updating to the Twitter v1.1 API): https://bugzilla.instantbird.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1890
- Twitter v1 API could potentially be shut off as of March 5th, they’re doing “blackout” tests now. Patch to upgrade is waiting for review.
- Mainly working on tree bustages, and working with Jcranmer on sorting out the build system so that we can hopefully avoid more bustages as the build system reorgs itself.
- Trying to catch up on reviews soon, but tree bustages and releases taking priority.
- jcranmer: Ping bienvenu about WIP maildir converter for GSoC (by Friday)
- Ask Roland: is there a way we can give people SUMO permissions for article editing without having to bug you about it?
Usul, satdav, jcranmer, florian, wsmwk, Standard8