I’ve put together some specific questions for you about the new feature page proposal. It would be great if you could take the time to review the proposal before June 19th.
You can send your feedback either by commenting on this post or by sending email to deb-at-mozilla-dot-com. I’m away until June 20th, but will dig through all the feedback as soon as I return. Thanks!
1) Do the five stages — Definition, Design, Planning, Implementation, & Release — make sense? Are there features would not go through all five stages? Are there projects that would require more or different stages?
2) Are the sections in Stage I (Definition) — Overview, Use cases, Dependencies, & Requirements — sufficient to clearly define the scope, impact, and requirements of a feature? Is there anything missing?
3) Is there anything needed for Stage II (Design) other than a Functional specification and the User Experience design?
4) Should there be additional review sections explicitly included in Stage III (Planning) in addition to Security and Privacy?
5) When completed, will Stages I, II, and III provide enough information and detail to successfully build the feature? Is there anything else engineers, QA, localization or other teams need in order to start implementation?
6) Do Stages IV (Implementation) and V (Release) need any other detail, steps, or information? As it stands, these parts of the feature page will simply be a list of bugs and a checklist of landing criteria. Is that sufficient?
7) Overall, what do you think of the new feature page format proposal? Is there anything else you think we could do to improve this system as a whole?