in search of ponies
August 15th, 2010 by rstrong
- Landed on mozilla-1.9.2 for Firefox 3.6.9 Bug 576939 [Toolkit] – Backport app update fixes to 1.9.2 [All]. This fixes several longstanding bugs and adds mochitest-chrome tests! This should also prevent the license page from being shown when an error occurs which has been a bane of my existence for a while now. I think this is the second largest landing (305 KB) I’ve done on a stable branch. The bugs fixed on 1.9.2 for Firefox 3.6.9 by this are:
- Bug 485493 [Toolkit] – Updates that are in the downloading state display no status or the string undefined in the history window [All]… actually just a better fix.
- Bug 536547 [Toolkit] – 3.5.6 is downloading the same version for an update [Windows]
- Bug 540046 [Toolkit] – Add mochi tests to app update [All]
- Bug 551283 [Toolkit] – Suspicious and possibly unused code in updates.js updateListener.onProgress [All]
- Bug 563810 [Toolkit] – With no fallback update specified in the snippets, Firefox hangs when trying to fetch it [All]
- Bug 543312 [Toolkit] – Remove the dependency on nsTryToClose.js from app update’s ui [All]
- Landed on trunk Bug 586194 [Toolkit] – move never pref check into selectUpdate and use services js module in app update [All]. This implements a better solution for Bug 350636 [Toolkit] – “Never” decision by the user for a major update should not impact a minor update to the same version [All].
- Landed on trunk Bug 585838 [Testing] – Disable update checks in any tests running in the browser [All].
- Landed on trunk Bug 523410 [Core] – Disable LSPs in WinSock that don’t have categories for Firefox on Windows Vista and above [Windows Vista and above].
- Discussed Bug 583408 [Toolkit] – Notify user when the certificate attribute check fails [All] with beltzner and he will be providing UX guidance.
- Reviewed the patch sent to me by Amir for Bug 568949 [Firefox] – Rework Windows installer for 64 bit (install into ‘Program Files’, write to 64 bit registry hives, etc.) [Windows 7]. Amir has been contracted to perform the Windows x64 NSIS installer work which is very much appreciated and is to say the least well known at the NSIS project. I’ll post more on this in a future post.
- Performed a bunch of reviews as usual and I wanted to mention that mwu has done a really awesome job with Bug 556644 [Core:Build Config] – Omnijar generation support for desktop builds [All].
- Finish up Bug 583408 [Toolkit] – Notify user when the certificate attribute check fails [All] after receiving feedback from beltzner.
- Fix Bug 586213 [Firefox] – Update app update url and certificate preferences after the additional host name with a new certificate is added for aus [All] after Bug 583678 [mozilla.org] – Acquire a standby certificate for AUS [All] is fixed.
- Try to write a fix for Bug 583667 [Toolkit] – Consider providing pref for disabling cert attribute and cert builtin checks [All].
- Continue work on silent updates on Windows.
- Hopefully fix Bug 577563 [Toolkit] – Consider renaming log files so they don’t have a .log file extension [Windows]. This bug breaks uninstalls after running a utility that removes .log files… meh.