Are you interested in making a big impact on the mobile Firefox experience for millions of users around the world?
We’re looking for an exceptional Mobile Support Coordinator to join the SUMO team and help us bring top quality support to our mobile Firefox users. As an integral part of Mozilla, the Mobile Support Coordinator will lead the mobile support efforts, including redefining what this experience looks like, analyzing metrics and user feedback to determine what support content is needed, and reporting metrics and support insights back to the product, engineering and QA teams. Other tasks include engaging directly with users in need of support and working together with our volunteer community across the world to ensure that we give users the help they need to enjoy their Firefox experience.
The Mobile Support Coordinator is also eager to look at the bigger picture: Are there areas that need more support coverage? Do users interact with the website the way we intended them to? Is it well integrated with mobile Firefox itself? This involves working closely with Mozilla’s analytics, product and engineering teams to continuously optimize the support experience.
The Mobile Support Coordinator is someone who loves to work across multiple teams to ensure we’re always making the right priorities, who thrives in fast-paced environments where things are in a constant state of flux, and who is genuinely helpful — not just to Firefox users, but also to fellow SUMO community members assisting with the support effort.
Since the SUMO team is geographically distributed across the United States (from east to west) and Europe, we believe the successful candidate could work from any of these time zones. Of course, working with an online team means that the Mobile Support Coordinator is flexible, hard working, and a true team player who communicates proactively both verbally and in writing.
- Lead Mozilla’s mobile Firefox support efforts
- Drive continuous optimizations of the mobile support content
- Analyze and report weekly support metrics to the mobile product and engineering teams
- Work with SUMO, metrics, and mobile teams to continuously optimize the support experience for mobile users
- Respond to incoming Firefox support requests, including letters, email and voicemail, with an emphasis on questions about mobile Firefox
- Experience with professional or volunteer technical customer support
- Experience with mobile technologies, services and/or websites
- Proven track record for driving multiple project simultaneously and successfully
- Outstanding planning, research and analytical skills
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Excellent and proactive communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience with website optimization and/or web analytics
- Strong desire to help others solve their problems and improve their web experience
- Passionate about Firefox, Mozilla, mobile, and open technologies
- Participating and contributing to open source projects a huge plus
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
In summary, this job is about making the mobile internet life better for millions of people around the world. Sounds like a dream job? We think so too.