New Static Analysis Toys
I have been catching up on my backlog of little bugs, here are some of the most notable ones.
Benjamin has been pushing the limits of what Dehydra can do for his DXR prototype which resulted in a couple of cool new features with one new feature breaking backwards compatibility. Sorry about that, it is for the greater good.
Dehydra now processes more declarations.
Treehydra is now built by default when building with a plugin-enabled compiler.
Coming soon: buildbot setup for Dehydra along with autobuilt debian packages.
Also, Benjamin’s GSoC student, Bo Yang, has been doing some awesome work making our static analysis toolchain work on mingw. In my mind, Bo sealed his awesomeness in not only getting Mozilla to build under mingw yet again, but also by fixing a couple of exciting compiler bugs on Win32.
Path to 1.0
For more information on these and other developments see the Dehydra 1.0 tracking bug.
I am not yet sure what the next release of Dehydra will be. My giant GTY patch to GCC is still awaiting review in a GCC developer’s inbox. Depending on whether that gets accepted I’ll continue releasing Dehydra 0.9.x with the current GCC patchset or delay a 1.0 release to work on getting the GCC plugin API reviewed and more or less finalized.
Plans for Near Future
I think I figured out the missing pieces needed to make outparamdel’s deCOMtamination patches acceptable, will work on that next. I’ll be continuing to clean up pork to be more developer-friendly. After the recent unhappyness involving bisection 10separate repositories at once, I’ve decided to merge pork into one giant repository and if someone just wants a couple smaller of pieces, those should be proken up at the package management level.
Additionally, I would like to start landing the SpiderMonkey analyses soon.