about:mozilla is a weekly round-up of news and contribution opportunities. Here’s what’s happening this week:
A new Firefox Affiliates site will be launching soon as a place for people to grab website buttons and promote Firefox downloads. Chelsea Novak wants your ideas about how to evolve the site and is setting up an IRC chat on Wednesday, August 10 at 6 p.m. Eastern in irc.mozilla.org#affiliates.
Building A Rainbow
Alert The Developer
Use the new Alert the Developer add-on to easily provide feedback about your favorite add-ons by tapping into Firefox’s current feedback system. This also gives developers a great way to get feedback from their users.
Let’s Talk Gecko
Mitchell Baker has a post about the importance of Gecko, the engine that powers Firefox, and how it helps advance Mozilla’s mission. Read more about how we can reach phones, tablets and other new devices by using Gecko either as part of Firefox or through all new user experiences.
* August 8 – 12, Toronto, Canada, Hackasaurus Game Sprint
* August 13, Cyberjaya, Malaysia Mozilla Localization Camp (MozMY L10n Camp)
* August 12 – 13, online or at local meetups organized by you, Mozilla Developer Network Doc Sprint
* August 16, London, England, Selenium users meetup
* August 17, New York, New York, Develop a useful Firefox extension: Intro Meeting
* November 4 – 6, London, England, Mozilla Festival — Media, Freedom and the Web
* See more on the Mozilla Community Calendar
These are just some of the available contribution opportunities. Learn more about other ways to get involved!
The newsletter is written by Mozilla’s contributor engagement team and is published every Tuesday.
If you have anything you would like to include in our next issue, please contact: about-mozilla[at]mozilla.com.
You can also subscribe to the email version.
09 Aug 2011