I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 2 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 10 days.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 10 days.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 100 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 53 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 99 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
If you want the review queues to shorten, you can help! If you’re an add-on developer, please consider joining our team. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 15 Compatibility
The Firefox 15 compatibility blog post is up, and the compatibility bump to already happened.
Major change coming up in Firefox 17
The landing of bug 553102 made major change that can break compatibility for many add-ons. In a nutshell, if you set expando properties in JS objects in the content that point to chrome objects, you need to explicitly add the properties to the __exposedProps__ list of that object. A deprecation warning was added in Firefox 15. There’s more information here.