This is a summary of the most recent Aurora channel meeting (notes can be found on the wiki):
Should we use the beta audience to test Aurora?
- We’re in a beta lull due to the shortened Firefox 5 schedule, should we uplift Aurora early?
- We have some more information now so we should discuss
- Outstanding landings are scary, not sure we want to expose our beta audience
- Don’t need to constantly refresh the “fake” beta so we can make this a non-issue
- There is a bug that may be scary on Aurora, not sure if we are taking it yet
- joduinn thinks it’s best to hold to the published date
- Need people to learn to believe dates, plan accordingly
- Doing cleanup in “quiet time” before scheduled FF6.0b1.
- Aurora is different risk level to beta. If we do “aurora-as-beta” early, should we only offer to some small % of beta users – not to all?
- We’ll revisit on Tuesday
- Christian doesn’t think our stability story is reflective of reality
- We said the crash rate is high due to an outlier crash, but it doesn’t seem to be coming down
- Sheila says they are on top of it, Kairo is looking at the data to make sure everything is expected
Action items from last time
- Asa to do channels blog post about running different channels side-by-side
- Asa will blog and write up a proposal to convince engagement to spend
- I was wrong. Engagement has a plan and Asa trusts them
- Christian will make sure notes get posted to the channels blog
- Did for the last one, obviously did it for this one
- Christian will mass modify and email for outstanding aurora patches
- Just about ready, going out today