Main menu:

Site search

Categories

Archive

PLDI 2009

Next week we’re taking the TraceMonkey show on the road to PLDI 2009 in Dublin, Ireland. Andreas Gal will of course be presenting our paper Thursday afternoon, and David Anderson (who is back at Moz for the summer) is also coming. Fortunately, the Mozilla 1.9.1 (FF 3.5) blocker list for JS is empty, and hopefully, despite my best efforts, will stay that way. (I set the release tree on fire last night by checking in a typo with a patch to enable one of my blocker bug fixes. Fun.)

Otherwise, I’ve been pretty busy stomping TraceMonkey bugs. I’ve also been doing a lot of work on getting TM to trace accesses to variables defined in lexically enclosing scopes (i.e., upvars/funargs/closures) and the JS arguments construct. A lot of that work is still ongoing or was finished too late to be adequately tested for FF 3.5, so it’s only on trunk, but the first improvement I made, tracing upvars defined off the current trace, is in the release branch.

Finally, Nick Nethercote has been fixing up my TraceVis instrumentation so it can be checked into the main Mozilla tree. Soon it should be possible to enable TraceVis in a standard build. I’m also starting to hear about some other work to make TraceVis more useful for browser builds and longer runs.

Comments

Comment from Free Article Directory
Time: September 23, 2010, 6:38 pm

We just opened a new outsourced office in Ireland, I can’t wait to visit there in four weeks to see what it is like.

Comment from Yoania – fajas reductoras
Time: October 11, 2010, 5:35 pm

The Sabbath is an important concept and a powerful practice. Give one day a week to God, setting aside the ultimately meaningless preoccupations of the world and tending to your internal garden. The rest of the week will be blessed because of it.

Comment from 642-642
Time: October 11, 2010, 11:33 pm

its really very nice and fantastic post thanks for sharing this with us…

Comment from Yoania – fajas reductoras
Time: October 14, 2010, 7:07 am

We need men who can dream of things that never were. He assumed that they had taken the insurance option out, and he signed.

Comment from san diego divorce lawyers
Time: October 18, 2010, 5:05 am

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing

Comment from affordable health insurance
Time: October 18, 2010, 7:04 pm

I like your header picture. it’s really amazing, it makes me think of December and christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Comment from Six Sigma Training
Time: October 18, 2010, 8:22 pm

I love Ireland, they have some of the best beer in the world there.
and I love to play ice sky.

Comment from Poker Bluffing
Time: October 23, 2010, 11:37 pm

I love this blog, shares many interesting issues. Very interesting.

Comment from sportcowboy
Time: October 27, 2010, 12:46 pm

Yeah this is a brilliant blog post!

Comment from healthfitnessyes
Time: October 27, 2010, 12:48 pm

Thats pretty good that its trial is being done at such large scale

Comment from Waterproof Socks
Time: October 27, 2010, 1:58 pm

Did you check out any of the FIT sessions while there?

Comment from foliegame
Time: October 30, 2010, 11:13 am

brilliant blog post!

Comment from sesli siteler
Time: October 31, 2010, 8:47 am

We need men who can dream of things that never were. He assumed that they had taken the insurance option out, and he signed…

Comment from ashu
Time: November 1, 2010, 2:18 pm

The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
norwesco water tanks

Comment from missouri auto insurance
Time: November 2, 2010, 2:13 am

I have been waiting to blog about this for a long time now. A fantastic new improvement to Mozilla’s JavaScript engine has landed. Thanks.

Comment from nevada auto insurance
Time: November 2, 2010, 2:14 am

JägerMonkey is an additional optimization to the engine planned to ship in Firefox 4. It improves performance in cases where TraceMonkey optimizations do not work. Thanks.

Comment from Denver Jewelry Stores
Time: November 5, 2010, 10:38 am

Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more! Re buy guaranteed facebook fans

Comment from get facebook fans
Time: November 5, 2010, 10:39 am

Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more! Re get facebook fans

Comment from improve golf
Time: November 8, 2010, 2:52 am

I’ve been waiting to blog about this for a long time now. A fantastic new improvement to Mozilla’s JavaScript engine has landed. A major goal of the project has been to set JavaScript up to compete with natively-compiled code, rather than simply against other interpreters. Thanks.

Comment from pet bird supplies
Time: November 11, 2010, 4:31 am

you really did a good job spelling everything out for people who are new or just have no idea what’s going on.

Comment from Pokerlsitings
Time: November 12, 2010, 12:50 am

No way with your viewpoint.. Thanks you

Comment from Testking 350-018
Time: November 12, 2010, 1:32 am

I always read the posts and make appropriate comments on others’ blogs. It irritates me to no end to see all the comments that are completely unrelated, obvious that no one has read the blog. I am considering opening my blog to dofollow just to help people out but I don’t want to have to mess with all the junk that gets added.

Comment from pass4sure JN0-350
Time: November 13, 2010, 2:26 am

well this is good to see the update on Mozilla’s JavaScript engine and hope to get new updates. because it sometimes give the error when you do lot of surfing.

Comment from Jeff Johnson
Time: November 13, 2010, 4:48 am

This is a great blog in fact.. and it is nice to see javascript updation on mozilla.. hope it will benefit the users..thanks for that..

Comment from 6 pack abs
Time: November 14, 2010, 11:43 am

I’ve been in Dublin 6 years ago. Beautiful city.

Comment from rare coin price
Time: November 15, 2010, 5:20 am

There are thousands of fans from around the world showing their team spirit.

Comment from gold coin investment
Time: November 15, 2010, 5:22 am

Over the gallery’s short lifespan it amassed hundreds of Jetpack-based add-ons.

Comment from Business VoIP
Time: November 15, 2010, 11:27 am

Dublin rocks. I hope you had a great time out there. Cheers.

Comment from Callcenter
Time: November 20, 2010, 1:30 am

Unfortunately Dublin has come under considerable fire recently, due to the extremely high level of debt, which needs to be refinanced.

Comment from locations 4 business features and news
Time: November 20, 2010, 7:26 am

Thank you. Excellent post. I have book marked this page.

Comment from tn visa application
Time: November 20, 2010, 7:27 am

Also Mozilla said performance tests for Jägermonkey are very good.

Comment from fashion dresses
Time: November 20, 2010, 10:58 am

Decentralized information flow control (DIFC) is a promising model for writing programs with powerful, end-to-end security guarantees. Current DIFC systems that run on commodity hardware can be broadly categorized into two types: language-level and operating

Comment from circuit jordanie
Time: November 21, 2010, 10:10 pm

This makes the special care for them and also bring up strong belief and similar care towards the industry.

Comment from Investment in Poland
Time: November 22, 2010, 12:27 am

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Big thanks for the useful info i found on Repeatable Custom..