In an effort to increase the level of Firefox’s visual and interactive polish, I’ll be posting a list of around 7 bugs every monday from now until we finish up Firefox 3.1. These bugs will involve fixing some rough areas of Firefox 3’s UI, landing icons that we meant to land before shipping, and trying to make sure every last pixel is perfect.
Here are the seven polish problems for this week. These were mostly selected at random from a larger group of polish bugs, and are presented in no particular order:
1. Star icon should fill in on downclick on OS X (bug 431444) and Linux (bug 431458)
2. Style system tray notifications on Vista (bug 426712), XP (bug 426713), and Linux (bug 426714)
3. Polish the Launch Application window (bug 445639)
4. Remove favicon from “Getting Started” (bug 426976)
5. Set background color of sidebars on Vista to match media collection apps (bug 425999)
6. Don’t change Bookmark Contextual dialog width when clicking Folder/tags expander (bug 421701)
7. Icons in the Applications Prefpane (bug 429725)
If you have any spare cycles and are interested in working on these, by all means dive in. Also, if there are any polish issues that personally drive you nuts, make sure they are filed and mention them in the comments so we can get them queued up for a future week of polish bugs.