Maker Party By The Numbers:
Total events during Maker Party: 1,220+
Individuals attending Maker Party events: 63,000+
Number of cities hosting Maker Party events: 260+
It’s been almost four weeks since the start of Maker Party which means we are at the halfway point of our global party! Through the hard work and participation of thousand we are changing the world, empowering people and starting a movement. Learn more about the wonderful ways people have been contributing to the Maker Party campaign this past week:
Here’s what happened last week:
Maker Party – August 8th, Berlin
This month-long Maker Party welcomed makers from around the world to participate in building a makers lab in a shipping container. The kick-off celebration on August 8th involved workshops on everything from soldering, live graffiti, machine knitting and more. Learn about the event here.
Webmaker training and Maker Party – August 5th, Mali
Maker Party @ Gangadevipally – August 7-9th, India
Being hosted in the village Gangadevipally, this events purpose was to bring the awareness of the open web to rural people while also teaching the web to hundreds of families living in the village. Read the blog post.
Maker Party at Coworking Monterrey – August 4th, Mexico
A 3D printing Maker Party where youth learned how to make their own Maker Party 3D logo’s! Attendees even got to see how you could 3D print individuals, crowns and more. See pictures from the event here.
- See these awesome Net Neutrality meme hacks.
- A Thimble make for calculating your resistance.
- Everyone says No in this funny Music Video made through GIFs with Popcorn Maker.
- Watch this live tutorial on how to build an app without knowing any code on Appmaker.
- Planning a Net Neutrality Maker Party? Find tips, tricks and support here.
In the News
- Le Web, C’est Moi via NTEN (Non-profit Technology Network)
- Kenya: School of Open Africa to Launch in Four Countries By September via allAfrica
- EveryLibrary Partners with Mozilla to Fight for Net Neutrality.