What we got done in the last Heartbeat
- Prepped for MWC (splash page, demo script, etc)
- Webmaker App: shipped a feature-complete app. Plus a new install page. We’re ready for final polish & QA.
- Prototyped a unified Webmaker tool for mobile + desktop
- Webmaker Clubs curriculum — tested two curriculum activities w. 20 mentors. Created two more.
- teach.webmaker.org homepage design — early design work ready for feedback
- Net Neutrality campaign — Call Congress tool MVP is live & added to the advocacy site and will be added to petition.
- book.webmaker.org — first draft documentation on how we work. Heartbeats, roles, P1s vs. P2s, where to file tickets and more. http://book.webmaker.org/
What we learned
- Net Neutrality is an incredibly popular issue with our community. (147,000 signatures on our petition!) We are getting good at Advocacy.
- Learning Networks team learned from user testing: mentors solve problems by connecting with other mentors (e.g. “Find an activity to teach in your classroom,” “Find a way to improve your own skills”)
- Also: a bunch of stuff on how we can improve our process.
What we’re doing next
- All Feb 27 projects: http://mzl.la/Feb27
- Just the P1s http://mzl.la/Feb27_P1 or P2s http://mzl.la/Feb27_P2
Getting ready for Mobile World Congress
- MWC: Prepare App. Build MOI splash page. Ship install page. Finish demo script.
- Refine MakerFox prototypes
- Push forward with Unified Tool Prototypes
- Release India field report. Prep Rio field report.
- Create a plan for supporting legacy tools.
Pushing ahead with work on teach.webmaker.org
- Design teach.webmaker.org
- Start building the teach.webmaker.org site: Phase 1
- Ship Hive Toronto privacy badges, pages and claim codes
- Create two more Webmaker Clubs activities. Test the previous two.
- Net Neutrality Campaign (ongoing)
Discuss, decide and document: