What began as two Hive cities (in NYC and Chicago) nearly five years ago has since become a growing constellation of communities around the globe that share a vision and set of goals, while also respecting the hyperlocal needs and opportunities to empower educators, innovate, and unlock connected learning opportunities for all youth.
One of our first steps in building and strengthening this network of networks was to create a new hub that addresses the following:
- What is Hive?
- Where are Hive Learning Networks and Hive Learning Communities, and how can I connect with them?
- What’s the difference between a Hive Network and Hive Community?
- How can I start a Hive in my community?
Here’s some of what you’ll find on the new site, with more information and resources coming soon:
- Information about the values, core principles and key conditions of Hive
- A map of current Hive locations, plus quick links to connect with local Hive websites, social media channels and contacts in each city
- Details on how to start a Hive in your city, including a link to the Hive Cookbook
- #HiveBuzz – for the latest news and happenings from Hive communities around the world
- Visit hivelearningnetworks.org
- Join the Hive mailing list for updates
- Follow or join the Hive conversation on social media using #hivebuzz
- Share feedback on the site or send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org