What’s happening at the Mozilla Foundation? This post contains the presentation slides from our recent Board Meeting, plus an audio interview with Executive Director Mark Surman. It provides highlights from 2014, a brief summary of Mozilla’s 2015 plan, and a progress report on what we’ve achieved over the past three months.
- Learn more about Mozilla
- Attend the Mozilla Community Call. Open to all, every Monday.
- Learn more about the Mozilla Foundation’s 2015 plan
What we did in 2014
- Grew contributors and ground game. (10,077 active contributors total.)
- Prototyped new Webmaker mobile product
- Expanded community programs by 3x
Mozilla’s 2015 Plan
Mozilla-wide goals: grow long-term relationships that
help people and promote the open web. By building product and empowering people.
Webmaker+ goal: Expand participation in Webmaker through new software and on the ground clubs.
Building Mozilla Learning
By 2017, we’ve built Mozilla Learning: a global classroom and lab for the citizens of the web. Part community, part academy, people come to Mozilla Learning to unlock the power of the web for themselves, their organizations and the world.
2015 Mozilla Foundation goals
- Deepen learning networks (500 cities)
- B uild mass appeal learning product (250k Monthly Active Users)
- Craft ambitious Mozilla Learning and community strategy
Q1 Mozilla Foundation highlights
- Major victory in US net neutrality, with Mozilla getting 330k people to sign a petition.
- Launched Webmaker app at Mobile World Congress. Strong interest from partners, possible link to Orange FirefoxOS launch in Africa and Middle East.