delicious links 7 April 2008
- Daring Fireball: Firefox 3 vs. Safari 3
- Beltzner.ca: Good suggestions, Mac hackers wanted!
Beltzner’s response to Gruber
- FedoraCryptoConsolidation – Fedora Project Wiki
“To accomplish the goals of this effort, we will be using the NSS crypto libraries. NSS has been awarded FIPS 140 certificates four times, It is used in client applications like Firefox and Thunderbird, and in server applications such as Fedora Directory Server.” – Fedora consolidates to NSS.
- Firefox’s Mitchell Baker — the anniversary interview in full
Mitchell interview by the Guardian UK.
- David Baron’s Weblog: Teaching to the test
dbaron on the Acid 3 test
- Gartner: Open source will quietly take over
“Licensing is only a slice of the total cost, but historically, companies have only bought as many licences as they can afford. If you remove the licence cost, you may only remove three percent of the of total cost of the existing project, but you also remove the brakes — you massively expand the numbers that project can be rolled out to at no extra cost. ”
“Open source gives massive scalability at no transaction cost, for whatever you are doing,”
This entry was posted in links
. Bookmark the permalink