Mozilla Scheduled Downtime – 8/15/2007, 7pm – 10pm PDT (0200 – 0500 8/16/2007 UTC)
We will have a scheduled downtime window tomorrow night from 7pm to 10pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
– LDAP logins for all sites that use LDAP
– Community build jumphost
– DNS and DHCP service in Mountain View
– wifi access in Mountain View
– VPN services at all colos and Mountain View
– Nagios monitoring services at all locations
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – download.mozilla.org code update (Bouncer). Bouncer will be upgraded to support various new features. No downtime is expected.
* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) – load balancer code upgrade. We’ll be upgrading the code on our core load balancers to address various bug fixes. No downtime is expected.
* 8pm PDT (0300 UTC) – bugzilla upgrade. Bugzilla.mozilla.org will be upgraded to deploy various bug fixes. 15 minutes or less of downtime is expected.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be
operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.