We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 7:00pm to 11:00pm PST. The following changes will take place:
- 7:00pm PST (0300 UTC)
addons.mozilla.orgupdates. We’ll be updating
addons.mozilla.orgto pick up code updates (bug 478960) and configuation changes (bug 475371). No downtime expected.
- 7:30pm PST (0330 UTC) Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
- build graphs / pageload tests
- CVS, cvs-mirror, SVN, Hg
- Despot, Doctor
- Buildbot Try Server
- MDC Search
- Internet-facing mail relays, list servers, and outbound mail (mail will be queued)
- Any sites using LDAP for authentication
- DNS/DHCP/wifi/telephone services in all Mozilla offices (except Beijing)
- All database-backed websites and services, including but not
limited to: Bugzilla, Breakpad, Bonsai, SUMO, SpreadFirefox, Addons, bouncer/download, Blogs, QMO, Litmus
- 9:00pm PST (0500 UTC)
l10n.mozilla.orgCPU upgrade. We’ll be adding a second virtual CPU to the
l10n.mozilla.orgVM. Duration 10 minutes.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with this planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
Feel free to comment directly in those bugs if you see issues past the planned downtime.