We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 7:00pm to 11:00pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC): Cisco FWSM OS upgrade. We’ll be updating the Cisco firewalls. The two FWSMs run as an HA pair. No downtime is expected.
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC) support.mozilla.com / SUMO updates. We’ll be updating support.mozilla.com to pick up code updates (bug 492030). No downtime expected.
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC) services.addons.mozilla.org / SAMO updates. We’ll be updating services.addons.mozilla.org to pick up code updates (bug 492389). No downtime expected.
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC): C01 Database Cluster kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on the C01 database cluster. The following database-driven services will be affected for about 10 minutes:
labs.mozilla.comblogs and forums
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC): EqualLogic firmware upgrade. We will be upgrading the firmware on the EqualLogic storage arrays. We’ve made every effort to minimize user-facing downtime by shifting SAN volumes around, however, we are planning for the following systems/services to be offline for approximately four hours.
- Build & Release Infrastructure will be degraded. Please refer to John’s post for more information regarding checkins.
crash-stats.mozilla.com(we’ll still collect reports, however, reporting and processing will be affected.)
mail.mozilla.org(mailman mailing lists)
im-bes01/ Blackberry Enterprise Server
- graphs stage and stage2 (
aus stage - dm-ausstage01
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with this planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
Feel free to comment directly in those bugs if you see issues past the planned downtime.