We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 6:00pm to 11:00pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
- 6:00pm PDT (0100 UTC):
crash-stats.mozilla.comdatabase migration. We’ll be migrating the current production breakpad database to new hardware. Crash reports will still be collected but processing and reporting will be offline. Duration 5 hours.
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC): Cisco FWSM OS upgrade. We’ll be updating the standby Cisco firewall. No downtime is expected.
- 7:00pm PDT (0200 UTC) support.mozilla.com / SUMO updates. We’ll be updating support.mozilla.com to pick up code updates (bug 492030). No downtime expected.
- 7:30pm PST (0330 UTC) Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
- build graphs / pageload tests
- CVS, cvs-mirror, SVN, Hg
- Despot, Doctor
- MDC Search
- Internet-facing mail relays, list servers, and outbound mail (mail will be queued)
- Any sites using LDAP for authentication
- DNS/DHCP/wifi/telephone services in all Mozilla offices (except Beijing)
- All database-backed websites and services, including but not
limited to: Bugzilla, Breakpad, Bonsai, SUMO, SpreadFirefox, Addons, bouncer/download, Blogs, QMO, Litmus
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with this planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
Feel free to comment directly in those bugs if you see issues past the planned downtime.