We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 7:00pm to 11:00pm PST (0300 – 0700 UTC). The following changes will take place:
- 7:00pm Mozilla Developer Center upgrade – We will be upgrading developer.mozilla.org to Mindtouch 9.12. 30 minutes downtime expected. (bug 531977)
- 7:00pm Getfirebug.com upgrade – We will be deploying a site redesign for the getfirebug.com website. 30 minutes downtime expected. (bug 538320)
- 7:00pm jetpackgallery.mozillalabs.com – We will be upgrading the site to version 1.2 of Jetpack Gallery. 15 minutes downtime expected. (bug 542083)
- 7:30pm Kernel upgrades. We’ll be doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
Some services may have more than one outage as various back-end components each get their upgrades (for example, a web application will go down once when the web servers are upgraded and again when its database server is upgraded).
- 8:00pm crash-reports.mozilla.org – We will be performing database maintenance to improve search capability on crash-reports.mozilla.org. No downtime is expected, but site performance may be degraded for up to 3 hours. (bug 538313)
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with this planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be operational by the end of the maintenance window.
Feel free to comment directly if you see issues past the planned downtime.