Over the past few weeks we’ve held a number of marketing workshops to get our community ready for the Firefox 3.5 launch. We covered a number of areas that will help raise awareness and get people excited about the fasted Firefox ever!
I focused on how students can contribute during my Campus Reps workshop, which covered the following activities:
- Creating Firefox 3.5 posters and flyers to post on campus bulletin boards, coffee shop windows, around the dorms, etc.
- Writing an article about or review of Firefox 3.5 for the school newspaper, magazine, and/or blog.
- Setting up a Firefox Help Desk to provide support and educate people about new features, cool Add-ons, and other tips and tricks for Firefox 3.5.
- Posting to social networks like Facebook or Twitter with updates about why you love Firefox 3.5
- Throwing a launch party and/or download fest to celebrate the release of Firefox 3.5 and encourage people to download and install or update from previous versions.
More details for those activities and others can be found in the Campus Reps Guide. Since many students may not be around campus during the launch, just remember you can still get involved in your town, wherever you might be traveling during the summer, or even at home!
If you’re interested joining us, tell us how you want to participate and we’ll contact you with more information as we get closer to release day.
We hope that these workshops and our open Community Marketing Team meetings will provide everyone an opportunity to learn more about how they can get involved and make a huge impact during the Firefox 3.5 launch!