This month we announced the first of a series of Design Challenges. We’re inviting design-focused students from around the world to develop new ideas & prototypes for the future of the Web. Learn more
Concepts of the Month
- Liyan Chang from MIT explores several interesting concepts for improving the Firefox UI in this short concept video.
- Maureen Hanratty and Ian Tadashi Moore from UMich have created Arclight, a Flash animation that proposes a UI for a touch-screen kitchen table.
Useful, interesting or cool sites that we’ve come across this month.
- iPlotz – A useful tool for creating mockups and wireframes.
- Twiddla – A web-based meeting space with team whiteboarding and the ability to mark up websites, graphics, and photos.
- idealist – A site for creators and designers to post their ideas and gather community feedback.
Work continues on the plan to uplift a Prism-like feature into a future version of Firefox. You can follow the early specification work on the Mozilla Wiki.
The Prism experiment and platform itself will continue in its exploration independent of this effort. If you’re new to the concept of site-specific browsers, be sure to check out the Prism for Firefox add-on.
There is also now a Ubiquity command development tutorial.