in search of ponies
December 17th, 2010 by rstrong
Mainly worked on backporting / landing mozilla-1.9.2 fixes and tests over the last couple of weeks. The combined size of all the 1.9.2 patches I landed on Tuesday were 433 KB and I still have 146 KB of patches for 1.9.2 waiting on review.
- Landed on mozilla-1.9.2 for Firefox 3.6.14 – Bug 601518 [Toolkit] – Need updater tests to cover nsUpdateDriver.cpp code [All]. Since changes have to be made to the updater’s Mac relaunch code in Bug 600362 I wanted this backported so there is better coverage on the 1.9.2 branch.
- Landed on mozilla-1.9.2 for Firefox 3.6.14 – Bug 466778 [Toolkit] – Unable to update when files to be patched are in use on Windows [Windows]. This makes it so we can successfully apply an update when any file is in use except for firefox.exe, thunderbird.exe, seamonkey.exe, and so on. For example, crashreporter.exe was running, plugin-container.exe didn’t exit cleanly, a third party app is using our files, etc. – this is a major improvement for application update and it is now on the 1.9.2 branch! See this post and Bug 466778 for more information.
- Landed on mozilla-1.9.2 for Firefox 3.6.14 – Bug 570058 [Toolkit] – investigate small writes from MBS_ApplyPatch [All]. This lessens / prevents file fragmentation when patching files with partial patches.
- Landed on mozilla-1.9.2 for Firefox 3.6.14 – Bug 316890 [Toolkit] – Add more logging to updater and close patch files so they can be deleted [All]. When people upgrade from Firefox 3.6.x to Firefox 4 they do so using the updater from Firefox 3.6.x. and this bug provides more info for troubleshooting problems with the update process.
- Landed on trunk – Bug 617513 [Toolkit] – Duplicate declaration of doc in updates.xml [All]
- Landed on trunk – Bug 616765 [Toolkit] – Useless Exists check in nsUpdateDriver.cpp [All]
- Landed on trunk – Bug 616775 [Toolkit] – Use OpenNSPRFileDesc instead of OpenANSIFileDesc in nsUpdateDriver.cpp [All]
- Submitted a trunk patch for review – Bug 617512 [Toolkit] – Additional tests for deprecated update xml format [All]
- Submitted a 1.9.2 patch for review – Bug 480178 [Toolkit] – Billboard should extend to available space and the update UI should be the same width for all locales [All]
- Submitted a 1.9.2 patch for review – Bug 530872 [Toolkit] – app.update.url params / update.xml cleanup and addition of a custom string property for apps [All]
- Finish Bug 619866 [Toolkit] – Shift key for safe mode conflicts with Windows shortcut keys [Windows]… patch is in bug and just need to confirm a couple of things.
- Finish Bug 598779 [Firefox] – Remove start menu directory and safe mode shortcut creation [Windows]… have a patch started but this is dependent on the previous bug.
- Continue work on Bug 394984 [Toolkit] – Unable to update on mac if admin user is not the same admin user as the person who installed firefox [Mac OS X]