Last month the Mozilla Developer Network started with Wiki-Wednesdays to improve the quality of the developer documentation. At SUMO we really loved that idea of incremental improvements. So, following in the footsteps of MDN and in preparation for the Firefox 4 launch we’ll have a KB day today, Wednesday March 2nd, where we will focus on improving 3 support articles. For every article we have a list of tasks to be done, but that doesn’t mean that one person has to do all of them. You can do the screenshots and leave text improvements to another contributor or the other way around, every bit of contribution counts.
Please state that you are working on the articles in the forum posts below before you start, and for any questions talk to us on IRC, in #sumo. Topal and Michaelverdi will be there pretty much all day, and we’d love to see you. Help us get the support documentation in shape for an awesome Firefox 4 release vey soon.
These are articles that are read by tens of thousands of people, and we have many more popular articles that are awaiting improvements. You can also check our weekly stats for visitor number to decide which article to work on next.
This week’s 3 articles are:
This article needs to be updated for Firefox 4:
- In Windows Vista and 7, the menu bar has been replaced with the Firefox button by default. Windows XP and Linux can use the Firefox button be turning off the menu bar.
- On new installs of Firefox 4 the bookmarks toolbar is not shown by default.
- Needs new screenshots
This article needs to be updated for Fx 4:
- Needs a heading for the first section after the intro
- Should use the template for the link back to the Options article
- Needs a new screenshot
- Warning messages section is gone in Fx 4
This article needs to be completed:
- Needs formatting
- Needs markup (eg toc)
- Needs a screenshot for the how-to section at the end
- Needs to be reviewed