Hack This Game
Introducing this year’s “Game On” competition
Imagine the Web as an open gaming platform for the world. Where game players seamlessly become game creators. Where your favorite games work on any device, anytime, anywhere. And where your own personal web-based creations earn you internet fame, fortune and the adulation of gamers around the world.
Sound like fun? Game on.
The Game On Competition wants YOU
Today, we’re proud to invite game designers, developers and enthusiasts everywhere to take part in this year’s Game On competition. We’re looking for your ideas and playable protoypes for gaming experiences that push the limits of what open Web technologies can do.
All are welcome to submit their entries now at gameon.mozilla.org. The deadline is Feb 24, 2013.
Red carpet treatment for you and your game
Participants can enter in three different competition categories. Winners chosen by our esteemed panel of judges will receive prizes that include:
- An all-expense paid, red carpet trip to San Francisco for GDC 2013.
- The chance to have your game featured in the Firefox Marketplace
- The opportunity to show your game to the awesome folks at Chillingo for potential publishing on their network
- One year membership to top industry associations IGDA and UKIE
- Promotion of your game in the Game On Gallery and across Mozilla networks
- Plus special edition Mozilla swag
Re-imagine the web as the console
“What if we looked at games as open, creative systems that, like the Web itself, are hackable by design?” says Mozilla’s Chloe Varelidi.
“Games are traditionally at the forefront of tech, continually pushing the envelope of what’s possible,” she says. “Mozilla is inviting you to re-imagine the Web as the console, and use the power of the browser to revolutionize the way we make and play games.”
- Submit your game. All are welcome to enter now. Deadline for submissions is Feb 24.
- Join a game jam. We’re kicking things off with simultaneous game jams in New York and London this weekend, with more events coming soon.
- Host your own jam. Our handy event kits make it easy.
- Learn more. About the competition rules, prizes and judges.
- Stay in touch. Follow us on Twitter and the Game On blog. Or join the conversation through our mailing list or on irc.mozilla.org #mozgames.