Introducing the Mozilla State of the Internet Report
Today, the Mozilla metrics team released the first ever State of the Internet report. With more than 350 million people around the world using the Firefox Web browser, we are careful to ensure the data we collect is fairly limited and feel compelled to share what we’re able to extract from that data.
Some interesting findings from this report:
- Looking across several sources of market share data, Firefox’s worldwide share appears close to 30%.
- Usage/Adoption of Firefox this quarter grew most dramatically in Russia.
- Where do people get the earliest start to their day? Hawaii, Wyoming, and Maine. And the latest start? New York.
- People in South America and Antarctica are passionate about personalizing their browser.
- In one usage study, we found one person having more than 600 tabs open at one time. (This last insight comes from Test Pilot, Mozilla Labs’ platform for opt-in participation in studies and experiments.)