Next Wednesday and Thursday, add-on developers from around the world will gather, collaborate, learn, and have fun at Add-on-Con, the only conference dedicated to browser add-ons. We’re excited to see veteran add-on developers as well as new faces for this third year of Add-on-Con. If you’ll be in the Bay Area, be sure to register soon!
Mozilla Sessions at Add-on-Con
Wednesday, December 8 (Training Day)
- SDK Training – Learn how to build restartless add-ons using the Add-on SDK with Myk Melez
- Firefox 4 Compatibility – Everything you need to know to update your add-ons for Firefox 4, by Jorge Villalobos
- Mobile Add-ons – Firefox 4 for Android is in beta! Learn how to create a new mobile add-on or port your existing desktop add-on to mobile with Mark Finkle
Thursday, December 9
- Opening Keynote – Industry analysts will present on trends and a discussion of where add-ons are heading. Justin Scott will present some findings on Mozilla’s add-ons ecosystem.
- Firefox 4 & Add-ons – Hear about what’s new in Firefox 4 from both a user experience and technical perspective, including the brand new Add-ons Manager, and what’s coming next. Presented by Dave Townsend, Jennifer Boriss, and Justin Scott
- Making Add-ons People Will Love – Join Justin Scott to learn tips on how to acquire users, minimize frustration, maximize delight, and retain happy users.
- The Future of the Browser – Jay Sullivan will be on the closing keynote panel discussing the future of the browser.
Mozilla Social @ Add-on-Con
Can we build it? Yes we can! Join the Mozilla crew and Add-on developers at the Computer History Museum after the pre-conference Hacks Day. Register for an evening of food, drinks, games and a few surprises.
When: Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Time: 5:00-9:00pm – Directly after the pre-conference Hacks Day
What: Assemble-your-own-plate, dine on well-constructed food, join in for D.I.Y. activities, and win prizes to help develop your add-on.
The Build Zone: Front Lobby of the Computer History Museum, Mountain View, California
All add-on developers and enthusiasts are welcome to attend, even if you’re not attending Add-on-Con. Please RSVP here.
We hope to see you at Add-on-Con!