(crossposted from the Mozilla Add-ons Blog)
Mozillians love their t-shirts. And Firefox users love their add-ons. Add-ons let you completely customize your browser, from the way it looks to the way it behaves. To celebrate the community of add-on developers from all over the world who make this possible, we’re creating limited-edition t-shirts to send as thank-you gifts.
To make this celebration more participatory, we are taking submissions for the design. If you’d like the chance to have your artwork featured on this special shirt, please submit a design!
Your design should be an artistic representation of the following themes, so be creative! (Your artwork should not be a reinterpretation or alteration of a Mozilla or Firefox logo, although an original representation of a fox or red panda would be ok.) Branding will be added to the back or arm of the t-shirt by our Creative staff.
- Personalization — a browsing experience unique to you
- Openness — anyone can make an add-on and there are thousands to choose from
- Productivity — be more productive by customizing your browser to help you work better
Here are some resources to help:
- Artwork must be submitted in EPS (vector art) format – if file size is over 10MB, please upload to Dropbox and send a link
- Email your submission, along with your name or alias, to email@example.com
If you have a particular t-shirt color in mind, please include it in your email as well. We can’t guarantee it will be printed on a shirt of that color, but it will help to know what the artist intended. Limit 3 designs per entrant.
- A panel of judges will select three designs, and community voting will decide the final design.
- The judges will consider:
- How well the design represents the contest themes
- Visual appeal
- Whether the design would look good on a t-shirt
- The judges are:
- Sean Martell – Art Director, Mozilla
- Amy Tsay – Community Manager, Mozilla
- Pamela Rosensteel – AMO Theme designer & contributor
- Aris – AMO complete theme designer & contributor
- Deadline: submit your design by Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time
- Finalists announcement: the three finalists will be announced on or about May 18, 2015
- Community vote: community voting will close on or about June 2, 2015
- T-shirt printing: t-shirts bearing the winning design will be printed on or about June 23, 2015
Employees of Mozilla are not eligible to participate.
All designs submitted must be your own work. Do not include artwork or logos belonging to others.
Your designs remain your exclusive property. By submitting a design, you grant Mozilla, and its designees, the right to edit, publish, copy, display, and distribute your design, alone and in combination with other material, without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, displaying your design on a website for public voting, and reproduction on t-shirts for distribution.
Your designs may not: (i) contain vulgar, offensive, obscene, lewd, or indecent language, behavior or imagery; (ii) defame, libel or otherwise violate the rights of any third party; (iii) violate or facilitate the violation of any federal, state or local laws or ordinances; or (iv) target anyone because of his or her membership in a certain social group, including race, gender, color, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, or political affiliation, or contain a symbolic representation of any group that targets anyone because of his or her membership in a certain social group. Designs that are, in Mozilla’s sole opinion, inappropriate, objectionable, harmful, inconsistent with our image, or otherwise not in compliance with these rules, may be disqualified, and we may remove any design that has been posted for any of these reasons.
All designs that are uploaded and made available for viewing by the general public will be deemed posted at the direction of the person who submitted the design within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act.
The designs selected by the judges will be posted on a website and the community will be invited to vote for the best design. The design receiving the most votes will be the one that Mozilla uses on the limited edition Add-ons t-shirt. If there is a tie in the community voting, the judges will select the overall winner.
We ask that you not employ any means that is inconsistent with getting an honest picture of the community’s genuine opinion of your design to obtain votes. Examples of inappropriate activities include automated reviews, use of contest services, payoffs or promises to others in exchange for votes.
You agree to hold harmless Mozilla, its officers, directors, employees, divisions, affiliates, and subsidiaries, from any claim by any third party relating to any intellectual property or other rights in the design you submitted.
No responses yet
Post a comment