*Updated: January 26, 2012
When there’s a new version of Firefox, some people rush right out and get it to make sure they have the latest and greatest! They want to take advantage of the advanced features, the security fixes, the blazing speed, the customization… well, you get the idea.
For some folks, however, upgrading takes a bit more thought and consideration.
We totally understand that. Hey, change is hard! But sometimes, change is also good, once you have all the information.
So here is a list of reasons that addresses some of the most-voiced concerns from our users and covers why you should upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.
10 Reasons to Upgrade to the Latest Firefox Version
1. It’s free! Many people are concerned about the cost of upgrading. You can take that worry off your plate right away. We don’t charge for Firefox. Not now. Not ever. The best things in life are free!
2. It’s easier than you might think. A lot of folks don’t want to upgrade because they think they aren’t tech-savvy enough or they might hurt their computer by doing something wrong. Some just plain don’t know how. Let us show you how easy it is! It only takes two minutes — heck, you can finish off that email to your mom while we work in the background to give you the latest Firefox.
- Visit http://mozilla.org/firefox/speed/
- If you have the latest version, the speedometer will show you how fast your browser is.
- If not, download the latest version for free. (Only download from a Mozilla site to avoid scams.)
- Play on the Internet for two minutes while Firefox loads on your computer lickety split!
3. It’s fast. Browser speed is super important to just about everyone. That’s why with each upgrade, we make Firefox faster and faster. Faster than a speeding bullet! Able to leap tall buildings… you get the point. But just how fast is it? Our latest version is up to 7 TIMES faster than Firefox 3.6. That’s a lot of ticks on the speedometer! How fast is your Firefox?
4. It’s more stable. When your browser doesn’t work the way you want, it slows you down. It’s frustrating. It makes you grumpy. We don’t want grumpy users — we want happy users! That’s why we continue to make Firefox more and more stable. Older versions of Firefox crash more often. Upgrading is the way to go! See how much happier browsing can be with the newest version.
5. It’s more secure. Not every update is about new features alone! With each passing day, online tricksters get smarter and more proficient at hacking into your computer to get to your private information. Firefox is an awesome line of defense — and with each upgrade, we include the latest security features to keep you as safe as possible.
6. You can keep all your bookmarks! Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks and saves the last 10 backups for safe keeping. We’ve got your back — and your backups! Journey to a faster Firefox by taking your bookmarks and browsing history with you.
7. Improved memory usage. The latest Firefox version includes improvements for memory usage — you could see up to 50% improvement. This means that Firefox and the websites you use will be snappier and more responsive and that Firefox is less likely to crash because of memory use. You’ll especially see these improvements if you keep Firefox open for a long time, have a lot of tabs open at once or use Firefox on Windows.
8. It’s easy to search with Firefox. Lots of folks have told us that they don’t upgrade because they can’t use their Google Toolbar in the newest versions. While Google discontinued support for the toolbar, we haven’t left you to float in the wind. There are other options, like GoogleBar, while many of the functions of the original toolbar have been integrated right into the browser. We also have integrated search choices, including Google, Bing, Twitter, Amazon, Ebay and Yahoo! Plus, you can easily customize your search preferences at any time.
9. You’ll join 100 MILLION people on the most modern version of Firefox. They already upgraded and are enjoying all the awesome the latest version of Firefox has to offer. So can you!
10. And the best reason is . . . you’ll be supporting the Mozilla mission. We are different by design. As a non-profit, we’re free to innovate on your behalf without any pressure to compromise. You’re going to love the difference. Happy downloading!