Being productive requires focus and energy — and Add-ons! When you’re at school, at work or at home surfing the Web, these are the top six Firefox Add-ons that can help you get through your to-do list faster.
1. ReminderFox makes sure you remember all of your important dates via easy-to-use lists, alerts, and alarms, right in your browser without the need for a separate calendar program. Make sure to put “download ReminderFox” on your to-do list!
2. It’s easy to get distracted on the Web. Turn to Evernote Clearly to get focused. With one click, Clearly makes blog posts and articles clean and easy to read. It eliminates all distractions from your online reading experience, and even allows you to browse multi-page articles in one, seamless view.
3. Have you ever wanted your own personal assistant? Your wish is Zotero’s command! Zotero is like a personal research assistant inside your browser that helps you collect, manage, and cite your sources. It’s not just useful for school or work (for research papers or projects), but for hobbies as well. (like writing blog posts). Now you can focus freely Zotero keep track of who needs to be credited for what.
4. In a world of typing shortcuts like BRB or B4, it seems we may have forgotten how to spell. Let After the Deadline help you out with that. This Add-on uses artificial intelligence to check spelling, style, and grammar. Use it for things like checking your tweets or finding mistakes in your email.
5. If you love highlighting in books, you’ll enjoy Wired-Marker. It is a permanent highlighter that you use on Web pages. The highlighter, which comes in various colors and styles, is like electronic bookmark that serves as a guide when you revisit a Web page.
6. We all have those Web sites that encourage us to waste our time online (like looking at funny cat pictures!) When you need to hunker down and get things done, use LeechBlock. This Add-on is a simple productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working time. All you need to do is specify which sites to block and when to block them.
These Add-ons are tops, but not all-inclusive. With thousands of Add-ons to choose from, you’re certain to find one that makes your Web life easier.