This is a regular post focusing on the status of the Firefox Marketplace.
Some specific changes of note:
- Separated out the API between installing a paid app and a free app (bug 886568).
- Packaged app receipts now include the origin from the manifest (bug 867265).
- User interface created for the communication dashboard (bug 885391).
- Fireplace API moved off to its own URL namespace (bug 875536).
- App features added to the API (bug 881765).
- Developer agreements upgraded (bug 891124).
- Installing of free or paid apps with $0 cost all sorted out (bug 889501).
- Keyboard auto-suggest disabled for search (bug 890569).
- Newsletter sign up added to the Marketplace (bug 874932).
- Payment documentation added to the marketplace (bug 839292).
- Payment PIN screens localized (bug 885551).
- Don’t validate apps where the app manifest does an off-origin redirect (bug 849548).
- Track how many searches return no results (bug 890314).
- Developers notified of unsupported locales (bug 836147).
- Fix queue for “public waiting” apps (bug 868526).
- App name translations now picked up during initial submit (bug 893855).
- Fixed app installation on Linux (a bug 876293).
- Polish language search analyzer added (bug 887944).
- Packaged app origins must be unique (bug 878105).
- Fix the PIN interface to work well in multiple locales (bug 887875).
- Allow free with in-app payments apps (bug 857733).
- Allow localized in-app payments (bug 892612).
Most more important of all, we shipped the Marketplace on phones.
Payments were enabled in Spain and Poland for the releases and apps have been successfully bought.
This was a huge milestone for the Marketplace team who did a great deal of work to get to this point. Thank you to everyone who contributed.