We just launched a redesigned website for Firefox Affiliates — check it out!
The Affiliates website is a portal for almost 100,000 Mozilla supporters. Affiliates believe in Mozilla’s cause and want to show their support by placing an affiliate link on their website. Here’s mine:
The original Affiliates website launched in 2011. Its branding recalls an earlier era in Mozilla style. I will miss those fuzzy monsters, but (for now at least) I know I can still find them on Mozilla.org’s 404 page. And seriously, after three years, the site needed more than a brand refresh. As part of this launch we…
- Upgraded to the latest version of Playdoh
- Removed lots of old code and subsystems no longer in use
- Reconsidered and redesigned the entire user experience
- Updated the pages to a beautiful take on Mozilla’s Sandstone theme
- Added an affiliate leaderboard
- Added user profiles and a personalized dashboard
- Added space for localized news and announcements
- Much more!
If you’re already a Firefox Affiliate, we* hope you enjoy these improvements. And if you’re not, why not sign up now? Being an affiliate is an easy way to support the efforts of a non-profit that strives every day to build the web the world needs.
We’d like to hear from you. Please file a bug if you find one or reach out in the #affiliates channel on irc.mozilla.org to say “hi”. And keep your eye out for more new features — there’s another batch of Affiliates Awesome just around the corner!
* The Affiliates 2.0 team included dozens of people spanning the globe — too many to list here. This site redesign was a collective effort of Mozilla’s amazing affiliates, volunteers, localizers, designers, copywriters, engineers, quality assurers, contractors, and many others. Thank you all.