Cross-posted from QMO Events
Dear Firefox testers and add-on authors!
With a couple of beta releases for Firefox 4 in the last weeks, the final release of Firefox 4 will approach loudly in the near future. One of the major features of Firefox is indeed the add-on system and with the completely rewritten Add-ons Manager, a new way of handling add-ons has been introduced and established.
Given its big impact for the Firefox 4 release we want to make sure that any feature related to add-ons is working as perfect as possible. Therefore we want to hold a testday this Friday, on March 4th, fully dedicated to add-ons and the Add-ons Manager. A couple of important tasks have been planned and will be worked on throughout the whole day. The list below will give you a quick heads-up. A detailed test plan for the day will follow in the next two days.
Tasks for the add-ons testday:
- Testing the top100 compatible add-ons in Firefox 4 beta 12 to ensure there is no breakage with any of those add-ons installed.
- Additionally we want to put focus on their memory consumption and check that no memory leaks exists in the add-on or Firefox itself.
- Supporting add-on authors and help them updating their add-ons for Firefox 4.
- Performing major updates from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 4 to ensure that users will be safe without loosing add-ons or any other data.
- Testing the functionality of the Add-ons Manager for handling all kinds of add-ons.
- Execution of Mozmill endurance tests to identify memory leaks
Together with your help we want to make this testday a success and ensure the quality of Firefox 4 for all of our over 400 million users world-wide. If you have time this Friday, on March 4th, please join us on IRC at #testday.
Thanks in advance!
When: March 4, 2011.