Earlier this year, the addons.mozilla.org (AMO) team launched a long-awaited, major rework of the AMO site, called Project Remora. With that behind us, we have been working diligently on AMO v3.2. The goal is to:
- Simplify site interactions and provide a cleaner look
- Based on traffic to the site, about 50% of site visits involve a search for a particular add-on. So, make search prominent and optimize the results.
- Most users come to the front page of AMO looking for Firefox add-ons, so demote the multi-application aspect of AMO (while still providing Thunderbird, Sunbird and SeaMonkey users access to their add-ons).
- Rework the categories and “types” system to provide a simpler install/search experience
- Create a two-tier recommendation system such that we can have add-ons recommended for particular categories (Editor Picks) as well as AMO Front Page (Featured) Add-ons
Below are a few mockups of what we have in store.
Our plan is to rollout these changes during early December.
Looking forward to your feedback and participation.
AMO Start Page
Full Listing Page