Last week we blogged about a problem with add-on downloads going to the wrong subdomain and said that counts would be repaired soon.
Unfortunately, when we went to begin repairing the counts, we realized downloads were not being logged on that subdomain, as it was never supposed to handle downloads. The original problem has been fixed and downloads are now being properly counted, but we won’t be able to repair the previous counts. Download statistics for September 14 – 28, 2010 will be permanently affected.
We know many developers depend on these statistics and are very sorry this happened. We’ll do our best to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.