Creativity + Service = Awesome
As you know, we launched the Mozilla Creative Collective today! To kick things off we’re hosting a mini design challenge around Mozilla Service Week. We’re hoping your creativity and artistic skills can help inspire action and ultimately better the Web experience for people and organizations around the world.
Here are some ideas:
- Craft a flyer, poster or banner (the offline kind!) to get the word out.
- Design new site badges, Twitter backgrounds or blog themes.
- Create a new Persona for Mozilla Service Week. Check out the current one.
- Dream up a new t-shirt design for the community store.
- Create an avatar for Facebook or other social networks.
As inspiration check out The Royal Order’s blog post about the design direction of the Mozilla Service Week site. In a nutshell:
- The Mozilla Service Week site aims to be inspirational and make participants feel part of a bigger movement that has the ability to affect change and better the Web for people all the world.
- The site strives to reflect the organic, participatory and people-driven nature of the Mozilla project.
- We drew from the humanistic style of 1930’s WPA murals which evoked people working together and helping each other for the sake of the greater good.
You’re encouraged to use existing Mozilla Service Week elements (such as the logo) to create your own unique interpretation of the “take action” theme. In other words, your designs can look entirely different from the other Service Week materials…it’s up to you. As
inspiration, check out:
- Mozilla Service Week Website Design Graphic (Photoshop file)
- Website Design Elements (PNG files)
Please submit your designs to the Mozilla Creative Collective tagged with “mozservice09” by September 14th. We’ll be sending t-shirts to our favorites!
Lastly, you can make a difference by helping an organization with their design needs as part of Mozilla Service Week. There are opportunities for both Web design and graphic design. Social Actions for instance can use some help with a new Twitter background and more!
Let’s use our creativity to make a difference this Mozilla Service Week!