Mozilla Service Week: How to help!
Wondering how you can get a head start on Mozilla Service Week (Sept. 7 – 21, 2009)? You can roll up your sleeves and help an organization in need of technology-related service now or help get the word out! This summer it will be critical to not only expose Mozilla Service Week to would-be volunteers worldwide, but help identify and approach non-profits or local organizations that can use our help.
That’s where you come in — the Mozilla community has always been adept at spreading the word! Help drive thousands of privileges to serve and hundreds of opportunities by taking a few moments to promote Mozilla Service Week. Here’s how:
- Download site badges, banners, and buttons to add to your blog, your social network profile, or your email signature.
- Download a Mozilla Service Week flyer. Print it out and hand it out at a local event or post at work, at school, or at your community center.
- Start planning your service activity and challenge your friends to join you using PledgeBank.
- Get the word out by posting news, video or pictures on your blog, twitter, or social network site. Tag your posts with “mozservice09” so they’re easy to find.
- Share your story of what you’re planning to do for Mozilla Service Week here or on your favorite social networking site.
- Flaunt your support for Mozilla Service Week with a customized Persona, a skin for Firefox.
Everyone should have the opportunity to know how to use the Internet, have easy access to it, and have a good experience when they’re online. So if you have a talent for writing, designing, programming, developing, all-around technical know-how or a knack for spreading the word, join the Mozilla Service Week effort today.