We’re happy to announce the next version of Firefox Aurora is ready for download and testing.
The new features in Firefox Aurora give users and Web developers more control over their browsing and development environments while improving overall performance.
- Data Management Window is an experimental feature that provides control over the the access that specific websites have to your browsing data, including cookies, passwords and location information. To start testing this feature type “about:permissions” in the Awesome Bar (URL Bar).
- Add-ons Manager with Plugin Check quickly verifies the compatibility of installed plugins directly from the Add-Ons Manager.
- Panorama Groups on Demand improves browser startup time and overall experience by allowing power Panorama users to load saved tab groups only when using Panorama.
Web developers will also find a new set of tools in this release like Scratchpad, Web Console, Web Developer Menu and more.
- Web Console adds the ability to move the console to other parts of the window or break out into a separate window.
- Web Developer Menu provides access to developer tools from the Firefox Aurora Menu Button
Firefox Aurora has additional support for HTML5, DOM level 3, server-sent events, networking technologies and other tools that make it easier for developers build advanced Web apps. Please see the Firefox for Developers in the Mozilla Developer Center for the full list.
If you already have Firefox Aurora installed, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. To check if you are running the latest Firefox Aurora, go to the “About Aurora” Menu and select “Apply update manually”. Please be aware that not all add-ons are compatible with the latest Firefox Aurora.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!