The latest Mozilla Firefox Beta is now available for download and testing on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. This release introduces innovative tools to help developers build rich and compelling Web experiences.
New in this release for Windows, Mac and Linux:
- Add-ons Manager with Plugin Check: Check that your plugins are up-to-date directly from the Add-ons Manager
- Improved Panorama Groups: Reduces browser startup time by only loading saved tab groups when you use Panorama
- Improved Address Bar: Highlights the domain name of the website you’re visiting to make it easy to identify where you are online
- Streamlined site identity block
- Support for Web Sockets with a prefixed API
- Moveable Web Console
- New Web developer-specific menu
- Window.matchMedia API
- Support for server-sent events
New in this release for Android:
- New initial experience: Firefox starts faster and uses less memory. Get to your home page quickly and discover browser features on the side panels.
- Higher-quality image scaling: View crisp Web pages and images with less pixelation
- Enhanced Firefox experience on large screen tablets
- Improvements to the form helper on Android
- Fresh visual style on Gingerbread OS
- Optimization for pages that use right to left layout rendering, e.g. in Hebrew and Arabic
- Touch Events for better interaction with Web pages
- IndexedDB allows Web pages to store data offline for faster access
- Automatic text hyphenation
A sincere thank you to all of the Firefox Beta testers for submitting feedback. Please continue to test and submit feedback to make the next version of Firefox awesome.
For more information: