A new Firefox Beta for Windows, Mac and Linux is now available for download and testing. This beta makes updating to new versions of Firefox easier and includes more than 85 improvements to in-browser developer tools.
What’s New in Firefox Beta for Users:
- Improved Update Process: We’ve been working to improve the Firefox update experience. Firefox Beta now simplifies the process for Windows users by removing the control dialogue (UAC) pop-up from the update experience. Once a user gives explicit permission to Firefox on their first installation, they will not be prompted again for subsequent releases.
- Media Controls Refresh: Firefox Beta now includes sleeker HTML5 media controls to enhance the in-browser video and audio playback experience, including full-screen mode.
What’s New in Firefox Beta for Web Developers:
- Developer Tool Improvements: This beta includes more than 85 improvements to Firefox’s built-in developer tools, including updates to the Web Console, Scratchpad, Style Editor, Page Inspector, Style Inspector, HTML View and Page Inspector 3D View.
For more information:
- Get Firefox Beta for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Long, technical release notes for Firefox Beta on Windows, Mac and Linux