Firefox for Android Beta is ready for download and testing. This update features UI improvements and guest browsing, which enables users to seamlessly share Firefox on their mobile device with friends and family. Firefox for Android Beta also features new developer tools like remote debugging and SkiaGL performance improvements, making for a faster and better Web experience.
- Guest browsing: Guest browsing lets the owner of an Android device log out of his or her current Firefox session (effectively protecting history, bookmarks and open tabs) to enable a guest user to surf the Web on Firefox. When the guest is done, he or she simply selects to end the session, and the browsing data from that session will be deleted. From there, the device owner’s session is restored.
- Set wallpaper images and contact photos: Users set any image as their wallpaper or assign it to a contact directly from the Web page they are viewing. Simply press and hold the desired image to bring up the Context menu and select “Set image as” to customize your device with an image from the Web.
- Update to Settings menu: The Settings menu has a new look that makes it easier for you to customize Firefox. The menu now groups similar settings together under categories like Sync, Customize and Privacy, so users can configure their Firefox settings more intuitively.
- Added locales: Firefox for Android Beta is now available in 27 languages worldwide with added support for Ukrainian, Irish and Romanian locales.
- Mixed Content Blocker: The Mixed Content Blocker protects the integrity of secure (HTTPS) websites by blocking nonsecure (HTTP) content from loading. This prevents attackers from being able to read or modify the secure page.
- Page actions support: Add-on developers can designate a “quick-action” to the user experience via an icon on the Firefox URL bar. This addition enables users to quickly tap into the functionality of their favorite add-ons, regardless of where they are on the Web.
- Remote debugging: The Remote Debugger for Firefox for Android Beta lets developers debug web pages through the same Firefox Developer Tools used in Firefox desktop, making developing on Android that much easier.
For More Information:
- Download Firefox for Android Beta
- Release Notes for Firefox for Android Beta
- Download Firefox Beta for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Release notes for Firefox for Windows, Mac and Linux