We’re continuing to develop our multi-screen capabilities in Firefox for Android Beta.
Users can enhance their browsing experience by mirroring a Web page in an open tab directly from Firefox for Android Beta to a second screen via streaming devices like Chromecast using their Android mobile devices. Any Web page that is being viewed can be sent to a second screen. This feature is now available for testing.
To use this feature in Firefox for Android Beta with a streaming device, simply follow this process:
- Install or update Firefox for Android Beta and connect to a WiFi network.
- Set up your streaming device on your TV and connect it to the same WiFi network.
- Open a tab in Firefox for Android Beta and find a page you want to mirror.
- Go to the main menu in Firefox for Android Beta, select ‘tools’ then ‘mirror tab’.
- This will display a list of connected streaming devices on the same WiFi network as your Android device. Simply select the device you want to send a Web page to.
- To stop mirroring the tab, open the main menu in Firefox for Android Beta.
This exciting new feature is currently in pre-release and we need your help to test it. Please do remember to share your feedback and file any bugs. Happy testing!