Here are some expert tips for smooth and rewarding business travel.
1. Rewards Programs
No, you cannot book flights or hotels based solely on your preferred rewards programs- but that shouldn’t stop you from collecting rewards points from a variety of locations. Rewards programs are easy and free ways of making business travel more profitable.
Egencia allows you to save rewards program numbers in your “Frequent traveler accounts” in your traveler profile. Each time you book a flight, hotel or car your corresponding program will automatically be attached to your booking.
2. Travel Preferences
Do you prefer an aisle seat to a window seat?
Are you on a low-calorie diet?
You can add to your trip comfort by saving travel preferences in your profile. Seat selection will filter automatically to your preferences and other requests will be carried to the vendor.
3. Is that your real name?
Joey, Barb and Jim will almost certainly have trouble at security check points and airport check-ins.
Your Egencia name should exactly match your full legal name as listed in your passport to avoid unnecessary hassles with irritable security guards.
If you need to change your name in Egencia please contact Karen to update.
4. Stay Organized
Getting organized is probably the easiest way to make your travel experience less stressful.
- Pack well. Travel light and smart with carry-on luggage and simple computer bags. Wear slip-on shoes and keep pack the belt and watch.
- Have a travel outfit. While it may sound silly, wearing the same jacket or bag each time you travel will allow you to keep your passport and ticket in the same pocket and avoid the 7 pocket slap dance each time you’re asked for your ID.
- Use technology. Install tools like Tripit on your mobile phone to keep your travel details in one place.┬á Add your teammates as “connections” to keep track of who is where.
- Stay hydrated. Jetleg can be minimized when you’re hydrating during travel. No, alcohol does not hydrate.
- Eat healthy. Eat, period. Often travelers forgo airport food altogether- or opt for a greasy piece of pizza before takeoff. Grab some fruit and nuts or a salad before you go to avoid junk food cravings later on.
We’re a global company, traveling further and faster. We can get you where you need to go- but if you don’t have the right Visa you’ll be turned away at the border.
You can find out if the country you are traveling to requires a Visa from the CIBT website. Brazil, India, China and Russia are popular and growing destinations that do require advance planning and travel Visas.
If you ever have questions, please check in with our resident immigration specialist Elisha Kim.
Do you have your own travel tips? Share them with us here!
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment