Archive for the 'Tips' Category
WPR regularly receives questions about setting up events in Mozilla’s Spaces. We should, weâ€™re the experts! Follow these instructions to be a super-planner too!
1. Fill Out an Event Request in Service Now
In the WPR section of Service Now the Events Request will prompt you for all the info needed to make things happen (e.g., date, time, number of attendees, dietary restrictions, etc.). Include your cost center if you’ll be ordering food or drinks.
You can get back to your ticket from the main page by clicking on “My WPR Requests” in the Service Now sidebar.
2. Save the Date on Google Calendar
Make sure to reserve your room for the time you want! You are responsible for reserving the room(s) youâ€™ll need for your event. Learn how to do this here.
3. IT Support or Air Mozilla?
Are you presenting something?Â Do you want a video recorded and archived?Â If you need IT Support (Service Desk) or Air Mozilla support, simply click on the links at the top of your Service Now event page to get our IT experts involved.
Any questions? Please ask your Office Service Coordinator for help. We’re happy to do so!No comments
Did you know that your Mozilla badge will give you access to all of our MozSpaces in North America and Europe? Our ultimate goal is for “one badge to rule them all” and thus coordinating our badging systems across our worldwide spaces so that you can easily travel from site to site seamlessly.
Our offices each have different building access requirements (you can read about those here) but the doors to our MozSpaces will always be open to employees with your Mozilla badge.
The Bottom Line:Â Â Please PACK YOUR MOZILLA BADGE on your next business trip. And let us know via Service Now if your badge is not functioning for a specific site and we’ll fix it as soon as soon as we can.1 comment
WPR often gets questions about how to set up events in our spaces. Perhaps you belong to an open-source meetup that needs event space? Or maybe you are planning a hack day?
Planning events is easy with WPR’s help! Just follow these simple steps:
We need to know a little bit about the event first. Date, time, number of attendees, etc. This information will help us plan the event logistics (conflicting event scheduling, catering, special event needs) and will allow us to add the events to our site calendars.
2. Zimbra Calendar (Save the Date)
It is important that you reserve your desired room through Zimbra to avoid scheduling conflicts. We are asking all event sponsor/requestors to reserve rooms using Zimbra
Need help reserving rooms in Zimbra? Find out more here.
3. Event Details:Â Â Ask Us! Keep WPR in on your event details. We’re here to help, and have years of experience planning events in our spaces. We’ll make sure catering and drinks are ordered if Mozilla is sponsoring.Â We can help set up the room for you, and we will think of the things that you haven’t because that is our job.
4. IT Support or Air Mozilla? Are you presenting something?Â Do you want a video archive to show others later?Â Do you need IT Support (Service Desk) or other Air Mozilla support, simply click on the links at the top of your Service Now event page to get our IT experts involved.
Any questions? Please ask. We’re here to help!Â Â Email Us.No comments
Here are some expert tips for smooth and rewarding business travel.
1. Rewards Programs
No, you cannot book flights or hotels based solely on your preferred rewards programs- but that shouldn’t stop you from collecting rewards points from a variety of locations. Rewards programs are easy and free ways of making business travel more profitable.
Egencia allows you to save rewards program numbers in your “Frequent traveler accounts” in your traveler profile. Each time you book a flight, hotel or car your corresponding program will automatically be attached to your booking.
2. Travel Preferences
Do you prefer an aisle seat to a window seat?
Are you on a low-calorie diet?
You can add to your trip comfort by saving travel preferences in your profile. Seat selection will filter automatically to your preferences and other requests will be carried to the vendor.
3. Is that your real name?
Joey, Barb and Jim will almost certainly have trouble at security check points and airport check-ins.
Your Egencia name should exactly match your full legal name as listed in your passport to avoid unnecessary hassles with irritable security guards.
If you need to change your name in Egencia please contact Karen to update.
4. Stay Organized
Getting organized is probably the easiest way to make your travel experience less stressful.
- Pack well. Travel light and smart with carry-on luggage and simple computer bags. Wear slip-on shoes and keep pack the belt and watch.
- Have a travel outfit. While it may sound silly, wearing the same jacket or bag each time you travel will allow you to keep your passport and ticket in the same pocket and avoid the 7 pocket slap dance each time you’re asked for your ID.
- Use technology. Install tools like Tripit on your mobile phone to keep your travel details in one place.Â Add your teammates as “connections” to keep track of who is where.
- Stay hydrated. Jetleg can be minimized when you’re hydrating during travel. No, alcohol does not hydrate.
- Eat healthy. Eat, period. Often travelers forgo airport food altogether- or opt for a greasy piece of pizza before takeoff. Grab some fruit and nuts or a salad before you go to avoid junk food cravings later on.
We’re a global company, traveling further and faster. We can get you where you need to go- but if you don’t have the right Visa you’ll be turned away at the border.
You can find out if the country you are traveling to requires a Visa from the CIBT website. Brazil, India, China and Russia are popular and growing destinations that do require advance planning and travel Visas.
If you ever have questions, please check in with our resident immigration specialist Elisha Kim.
Do you have your own travel tips? Share them with us here!
All About Hotels
1. What is a â€śPublished Rateâ€ť hotel?
Egencia has 4 types of hotel rates: (listed in preferred order for booking)
- Negotiated Rate Hotels– Mozilla has negotiated a corporate rate with these hotels based on an assumed number of room nights. You reserve these rooms in Egencia and the hotel bills Mozilla. Good choice!
- Egencia Preferred Rate Hotelsâ€“ Catering to business travelers and offering the most business amenities. Rooms are charged directly to Mozilla. Good choice!
- Expedia Special Rate Hotels– Catering to business and vacation travelers with varying degrees of flexibility and amenities. Rooms are charged directly to Mozilla. Good choice!
- Published Rates or â€śrack ratesâ€ť– Hotels with whom Egencia does not have contracted rates. These hotels are reserved in Egencia but require payment on arrival to the traveler’s credit card. Rooms are filed as an expense and then reimbursed by Mozilla. Oops! Try again.
2. How do I tell what kind of room rate it is?
There are a few ways you can check what kind of rate youâ€™re picking:
- Colored Pins– Your hotel search will produce a list of hotels. The pin color is associated with the type of rate. Published rate hotels will only show in your search results if there are no other results available .
Green Pins = Negotiated Rate Hotels Good choice!
Yellow Pins = Egencia Preferred Rate Hotels Good choice!
Blue Pins = Expedia Special Rate Hotels Good choice!
Gray Pins= Published Rate Hotels Oops! Try again.
- Continue to Booking– Once you continue to the booking page to select your room you will see the type of rate the room is listed at the top of the screen.
3. How do I know if this is a good hotel?
4. How do I change my hotel reservation?
Call your hotel directly. Hotel contact information and terms are always included in your trip information under the “Hotel summary.” If you have any problems you can always call an Egencia representative to assist you.
“Wow! Everything and its mother is on service now! I love this system!”
-Andrea Zingerman,Â University Programs Coordinator
Service Now literally has your back when ergonomic evaluation requests are this fast and easy. You can also request office supplies, report broken furniture or building issues, and even request new snacks.
Workplace Resources service requests can easily be filed from the main page in Service Now.
Service requests are easy to make, edit and close. You’ll receive updates from the WPR team as we make progress on your ticket, and you can add and respond to our changes as we go.
Please help us serve you best by filing your requests in Service Now today!