The preview site was refreshed today with another set of updates:
- Due to public outcry, the right-hand menu is now on the left
- Added the much anticipated “sandbox” feature (a more complete description below)
- Added RSS feeds to pages including per category feeds, search results, and more
- Migrated the visual theme from the current AMO
- Localized more pages and added more translations
- Many bug fixes
The sandbox is a new system for managing which add-ons are publicly viewable. Justin Scott introduced the concept a few months ago, and the first revision is ready to look at.
If you just come to the site, all you will see are public add-ons. When you login and choose to view the sandbox in your options, you’ll see a link to the sandbox at the top of each page. After clicking on it, you’ll migrate to the other side of AMO and see add-ons that are just getting started, getting updated, or getting their final polish before being pushed to the public side.
Let us know what you think of the new changes! If you have suggestions, please use our feedback page or leave a comment here.
Expect another update next week, focusing on the developer side.